[Resolved] Second page after choosing category is not found

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Second page after choosing category is not found

Home Forums Support Second page after choosing category is not found

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Could you please help me out with this issue? On my website visitors can choose from 3 categories of blog posts. Once they choose a category they get a list of applicable blog posts. The blog posts are on several pages. The first page is showing as normal. But when you want to navigate to the second page, the page is not found. If you don’t choose a category but instead look at a list of all the blog posts, all pages are fine.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

What do you have set as your permalinks in “Settings > Permalinks”?

Maybe try re-saving that page.

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Anonymous

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your reply. I have set a custom structure (/%category%/%postname%/). I tried re-saving but it didn’t solve the problem unfortunately. Any other ideas on how I can get this fixed?

Best regards,
    Martijn

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

What happens if you only set the “Post name” option? Does it fix the issue?

Anonymous

My concern with changing the permalink structure is that it affects Google search results. Do you know any other options?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I don’t believe /%category%/%postname%/ is actually valid (it’s not one of the choices they give you).

You can switch it back to that once you test the regular Post name, I just wanted to see if that was the issue.

Anonymous

I tested switching to the regular Post name. But when I do that I immediately get the message that the page can’t be found after choosing a category. Before, at least the first page was showing. This is not the case when I switch to regular Post name.

The /%category%/%postname%/ was the suggestion WordPress gave me after setting the custom structure. So this is why I use it.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That’s strange – sounds like something is broken with your permalinks.

You could try:

1. Disabling all of your plugins to see if one of them is breaking them.
    2. Report it to your hosting so they can make sure everything is set up correctly on the server.

Anonymous

The problem is solved! Apparently the URL of the overview page for a category needed /category/ before the name of the category to have the second page working.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad you got it working ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.