[Resolved] Search Results

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Search Results

Home Forums Support Search Results

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Klaus

Hello, my search results page does seem to have two problems: I have set the Blog featured image in the customizer to “Alignment: left”, but it seems to be ignored on the results page (I would like to display the image left and the text floating around the image). And the “read more” button does not show, where I have added my own excerpt and it shows where the excerpt is created automatically. Regards Klaus

Klaus

One more question: I get my blog styling on other blog pages through WPShowPosts. Is it possible to create a search results blog page with WPShowPosts?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

currently your Blog and Search pages are looking the same with the image below the site title. If you want to change the layout i can take a look.

No, WP Show Posts can’t be used for the Search results page.

Klaus

Yes, please have a look. As I wrote: my first problem is, that the blog settings in the customizer are in parts ignored: the featured image is definitely not “Alignment: left”. The second problem, as you can see, is that the “read more” buttons do not show in parts: And the “read more” button does not show where I have added my own excerpt and it shows where the excerpt is created automatically.

I have installed WpShowPosts and have my category-posts shown with custom WPShowPost-Pages. I understood, that the Serch-Results-Page is designed as a Blog Page. So a Search Results Page always should look like a Blog Page, shouldn’t it? Klaus

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

In your Blog settings make sure the Image is set to Above Title. Then the alignment left should work.

You need to add this PHP snippet to add the Read More button to custom excerpts:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/activating-read-custom-excerpt/#read-more-button

Klaus

Thanks, the button-snippet works, but to set the featured image above title didn’t solve my issue. Couldn’t I use a snippet also? Klaus

Klaus

Hello, I have set the featured image in the blog customizer to “Above title”: it doesn’t work. I disabled plugins, cleared caches, and I finally added this snippet:

add_filter( ‘option_generate_blog_settings’, ‘lh_custom_search_results_page_settings’ );
    function lh_custom_search_results_page_settings( $options ) {
    if ( is_search() ) {
    $options[‘post_image_position’] = ‘post-image-above-header’;
    $options[‘post_image_alignment’] = ‘post-image-aligned-left’;
    }
    return $options;
    }

I can customize everything on the search results / blog page: but I’m not able to move the (featured) image to the left.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Give this CSS a shot:

.generate-columns-activated.post-image-aligned-left .generate-columns-container article:not(.featured-column) .post-image {
        float: left;
        margin-right: 1.5em;
        margin-bottom: 1em;
    }

Let me know 🙂

Klaus

Perfect. Great thank you. Kind Regards Klaus

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’re welcome 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.