[Resolved] Search is showing unrelated hints

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Search is showing unrelated hints

Home Forums Support Search is showing unrelated hints

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Mohit

Hi guys, when I click on search icon it shows in hints all the things I have searched off late on different websites. how can this be removed?

GeneratePress 2.1.3
    David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there, this is not the normal behaviour of the navigation search and i do not see this on your site. Can you check in another browser?

Mohit

I am sorry i forgot to mention… it happens on phone.. android phone running chrome browser.

Mohit

Maybe chrome on android has this feature to save time while typing. my bad

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Not a problem, highly likely it is a browser thing. πŸ™‚

Mohit

i got another question:

Can you make new page default to be full width and content(no sidebars)? Instead of manually selecting full width and content(no sidebars) every time I create a new page. I know it’d require php code.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Currently it would require some CSS. But GP Premium 1.7 has just been released in Beta. And this will allow you to set display rules for your layout, so it can be assigned to the entire site or with condtions such as specific post types, pages, categories etc.

Are you able to wait? If you want to test the Beta (on a non live or low volume site) you can do so by checking the “Receive beta updates [?]” in the Appearance > GeneratePress.

You will see a new module called Elements. Activate and this will provide a new Elements menu under Appearance. From here you can Add New > Layout. Select your options and then go to the Display Rules tab and select where you want to apply it.

Mohit

Sure I can wait no problem… good to know it’s included in beta version..I will test the beta on localhost install.. Thanks.

Another question if I want a primary menu item to be visible on mobile site on the same line as menu and search icon.. how can i do it.. i assume it’d require adding class to menu item and making it visible on mobile using media query.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

So you want the title of the current page to be displayed in the mobile navigation?

Mohit

Assume a menu set to primary as well as slideout navigation.. the menu items of that menu when viewed on a mobile phone will only be visible when someone clicks on mobile menu hamburger icon in header. I want one of these menu items to be always visible even when on mobile even when visitor hasn’t opened slideout navigation. The place where I want that menu item to be visible on mobile is between hamburger icon and search item. lets call this item call to action button.

Just like search icon is always visible in header. even when on mobile view.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

OK if you use the Mobile Header than you can add elements to that using the PHP snippet that Tom provides here:

https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/adding-phone-and-social-media-icons-on-mobile/page/2/#post-553875

Once in place we can assist with some CSS to align the mobile header elements

Mohit

Cool.. this is what I wanted.. sorry for my bad english.. i am not a native english speaker.. And of course thanks for your help πŸ™‚

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Not a problem. Glad to be of help. BTW GP 1.7 will allow you to easily hook elements into these areas πŸ™‚

Mohit

Another question.. unrelated to generatepress.. can wordpress send me email notification for plugin updates…i tried this plugin .. but its not working..

https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-updates-notifier/

Also how i disable site library so that i dont accidently download demo and mess up website.

Thanks πŸ™‚

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

OK – there are plenty of warnings on the site library, but Tom has added this filter provided here:

https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/optional-site-library/#post-531975

Its PHP so heres the options to add:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-php/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.