[Support request] search in secondary navigation menu

Home Forums Support [Support request] search in secondary navigation menu

Home Forums Support search in secondary navigation menu

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    dassana

hi

in the home page on desktop, i want to add a search icon in the secondary nav menu. the home page displays the secondary nav menu. i tried adding links in the WordPress menu and using font awesome search icon but the search icon is not clickable. any other way to do this is generatepress or i am doing something wrong. home page link mentioned below.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
    dassana

hi leo

i do not want to remove the search from primary navigation which i am displaying on all pages and posts. i am only displaying secondary navigation on home page. is there a way to include the search in secondary navigation without getting it removed from the primary navigation. or a way to add google search code. i could not reply earlier as i was travelling.

regards
    dassana

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Would it work if we move the search to secondary nav on the home page only?

dassana

i am using the search in primary navigation. so is it possible to have search in both primary as well as secondary navigation.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Unfortunately, that’s not possible at this time. The nav search is designed in such a way that it can only exist once on a page.

dassana

thanks tom for the reply. then how do i add google search code or the wordpress search code after the secondary menu on the homepage just before the newly updated recipes – https://www.vegrecipesofindia.com/

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You could create a new Hook Element: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/hooks-element-overview/

And add it to the generate_inside_secondary_navigation hook.

Then add your code inside a wrapper like this:

<div class="secondary-search">
        Your search code
    </div>

Then you could add some CSS like this:

.secondary-search {
        float: right;
    }
    dassana

thanks a lot tom. will try the code.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.