[Support request] "Search" icon on mobile

Home Forums Support [Support request] "Search" icon on mobile

Home Forums Support "Search" icon on mobile

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Pedro

Hello! I would like to do the following:

Enable the search icon, which in the desktop version can be seen in the main menu. (as it comes by default)

But that in the mobile version, the search icon appears when you click on the menu, something like they do in the template “Merch”

Can you help me?

Thank you!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Merch uses the Off Canvas Panel which has its own Widget Area. You can add any search widget you need.

Pedro

Hello david! Thanks for answering.

You are right, use the “Off Canvas Panel”, however there are other WordPress themes that I have seen that do so.

The search icon is not displayed but when you click on the menu (Mobile version)

And they are menus equal to the one that comes by default in GP, ​​which when clicked opens below.

You can help?

Thank you!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Tom provides a solution to that here:

https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/hook-to-insert-slideout-menu-widget-to-also-display-in-the-mobile-menu/#post-854386

Once the function and CSS is added just add the search widget to the Off Canvas Panel and that will be displayed inside the normal mobile menu.

Pedro

Hello david! I added the codes and if the field is shown, but the menu styles are broken

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Any chance you can link me to a site that shows that error so i can take a look?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.