[Support request] Search/Firefox

Home Forums Support [Support request] Search/Firefox

Home Forums Support Search/Firefox

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Patrick

Hi,

For some reason search isn’t working in Firefox. I hit the magnifying glass and nothing happens. Though it works fine in Chrome.

Any ideas on how to fix it?

thanks,

Pat

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Doesn’t work for me on Chrome either.

Couldn’t replicate the issue on my install though.

Can you try disabling all plugins except GP premium and clear and disable the caching plugin to eliminate any conflicts first?

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Patrick

um…no, that’s not really a viable option to just turn everything off.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Maybe start with the caching plugin to see if that helps?

I cannot replicate the issue on my clean install and we haven’t had this issue reported by others either so I’m assuming it’s something specific to your install.

You can also test a couple of our sites from the library:
    https://gpsites.co/split/
    https://gpsites.co/broadcast/

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Patrick

I disabled WP Rocket but it didn’t make a difference.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Unfortunately there isn’t any other way for us to identify the problem without the debugging steps (disable plugins).

Does the search work for you in the two sites I linked above?

If this is a live site with traffic then I would recommend duplicating the current setting on a staging server so we can try disabling plugins.

Patrick

Yes the search works on the 2 sites you linked.

And yes my site is a live one with traffic so disabling plugins isn’t going to be an option. I also don’t have any current open slots to spin off a staging site, I’d have to delete a site to do so.

I’m happy to provide a list of plugins I’m running if you want to try to duplicate the issue on your end.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sorry but we can’t do that.

Since it’s not happening in any of our installs and no one else has reported the issue, it’s likely a plugin issue.

What if you disable them 1 at the time quickly and see if you can identify the issue?

Make sure you clear the caching plugin after each time as well.

Patrick

Just because no one else has reported it doesn’t automatically make it a plugin issue. With every issue someone has to be the first to report it. I’m not saying it isn’t a plugin issue since I don’t know what’s causing it…just don’t think you should be assuming it is.

Anyhow, as I said, it’s a live site with traffic so there’s no way I can start disabling my plugins. I guess I just spent 2 weeks converting over to GP to end up with a broken site.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I do see a console error on your site which could be causing the issue (the second one):
    https://www.screencast.com/t/Kyis1Cp3M

Unfortunately there is just no way for me to tell.

My recommendation would be to find a way to start a staging site so we can test this.

Patrick

Do you mean the geoip error? That’s from AAWP determining a country of origin of the user to be able to route them to the right Amazon site should they click on an affiliate link.

Why would that interfere with the search functionality of your theme?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I said it “could” be as it’s really hard to pinpoint the issue without the debugging tips.

It’s likely that there is a javascript error occurring in your site though as both search and mobile navigation toggle isn’t working.

If this error is coming from the theme/plugin themselves, then both options would break in all of our sites.

Patrick

I’ve narrowed the issue down because it isn’t a side wide problem. If you go to a category page on either mobile or desktop the search works fine. (as does the hamburger menu on mobile) I also created a test page and both work fine on it.

The singular difference between that test page and the other pages was the use of Thrive Architect. So, I edited the test page in Thrive Architect and saved… boom the search and mobile menu broke.

So, the conflict has been identified. Can you fix it?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

This would be something Thrive has to fix as they must have a script that’s causing GP’s script not executing.

Can you try reporting this to their support first?

Likely a certain module within Thrive that’s causing the issue.

Patrick

Sorry but I can’t. My Thrive products are through the original site developer who has an Agency license. So, I don’t have direct access to Thrive support.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.