[Resolved] Search & Filter Pro Conflict

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Search & Filter Pro Conflict

Home Forums Support Search & Filter Pro Conflict

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Mark

Hello,

I am using the Search & Filter Pro plugin to provide search on my blog. All was working well until a recent update (not sure if it was an update to GP or WP) but now it does not work. I checked with their support and they recommend I contact you to see if this is something you can implement at your end. Now I am not a developer but if there is an easier way for me to implement the blog, especially so I do not have to use the plugin, that would be great. Here is what their support said:

hanks for the logins. I have switched these two settings off:

2022-03-21_12-50-08

It now works, but switching these two settings off gives some clues as to the issue.

The Ajax setting, when off (with the one above still on), shows me that the category archive pages are using a different template that the blog itself, as the form is missing from them (not an issue in itself, but something I observe). With the other setting off, the results stay on the blog page, but the page must reload after a search is made, which now works.

By needing to switch Ajax off, this tells me that the code/loop that outputs the results is not linked to our form. How is the loop part of the page built, as I cannot see it if I edit that page? Is it a Beaver Builder module (if so, which one)?

GP may have an action/filter that allows you to add arguments to their query. That would be what you need. It would then be possible to add our query to the page query.

Fernando
    Customer Support

Hi Mark,

Firstly, with regards to having a filter to allow the search form to search for something specific, here is an article which may assist: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/generate_navigation_search_output/

Now with regards to the issue at hand, to confirm and as a first line of debugging, could you also try if this issue exists when using a different theme like twenty twenty for instance? It would be good to take a back up before doing this.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Mark

I am working on my staging server. When I switch themes, the search bar on my blog post disappears.

I will have a read of that documentation in the meantime.

Mark

All seems to be working when I deselect those options.

Fernando
    Customer Support

Does the issue exist when using a different theme with the two options enabled?

Moreover, as another step for debugging, can you try #1 here?: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/debugging-tips/

As mentioned, It would be good to take a back up before doing this.

Kindly let us know how it goes. 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.