[Resolved] Search field size and Read more button

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Search field size and Read more button

Home Forums Support Search field size and Read more button

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Maged

Hi, I am using the Marketer demo from the site library and I need to do couple of things please.

1- shrink the area of the search field to be displayed at the end of the navbar not the whole header to the logo.

Search field

2- How can I add a line break <br> before the Read more link, like in woorkup.com, or how can I add/delete/edit any html tag in general?

Line break before Read more link

Thank you.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

1. Try this CSS:

@media (min-width: 769px) {
        .navigation-search input {
            width: 50%;
        }
    }

2. Try this CSS:

a.read-more {
        display: block;
        text-align: right;
    }

Adding CSS: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-css/

Maged

Thanks for your reply, regarding the search it works fine on desktop but on mobile phone the search input is very small, like it fits almost 3 or 4 characters only! It would be great if we can target the navbar area, so it expands to fit the whole navbar area using 100% width like in woorkup.com

Also the read more button, I succeeded in adding <br> in the php code in here https://docs.generatepress.com/article/activating-read-custom-excerpt/
    but it works only for the Read more with custom excerpt not the regular one, so if there any way to inject the <br> tag before the read more button using code snippets or hooks, it would be appreciated. Thanks.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Adjusted the code above so it’s desktop only.

My CSS should work like adding a <br> tag no? We can tweak some more if you need to change the appearance more.

Maged

Perfect, adding the media query fixed the search field problem on mobile devices.

Regarding the Read more I can add margin-top: 10px for example or any other css code, but I don’t know how to add/delete/edit an html tag like <br> for example before the Read more button, it would be appreciated if you let me know or give me a hint on how to achieve this. Thank you.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Maged

Great, I think I’ll stick with the CSS solution for now.
    I’m really happy I bought the premium version of GeneratePress.
    Thank you for your help.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.