[Resolved] Schema Support for Yoast SEO 11

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Schema Support for Yoast SEO 11

Home Forums Support Schema Support for Yoast SEO 11

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Simon

Hi Tom,

I was just wondering what your advice is for Schema regarding GeneratePress and Yoast SEO 11?

I know I can disable GP schema using a filter add_filter( 'generate_schema_type', '__return_false' );

After scanning the forums, I can see as usual the amazing support you provide gives ways to modify the GP Schema as well.

Yoast has some additional dev documentation here for developers: Schema integration guidelines

What is the current best practice in your opinion as the theme author if someone is using Yoast on their site, should we:

1. Remove the GP Scheme using the filter and use Yoast instead
    2. Leave GP Schema enabled and ignore Yoast

Also, do you plan on integrating GP in the future in any way with the Yoast Schema API?

Kind regards,

Simon

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hey Simon,

The microdata that GP provides is very minimal. It mainly highlights the header, navigation and content area.

If your site has specific content that you can better highlight using JSON+LD (in Yoast or elsewhere), you should disable the GP microdata and use those solutions instead.

In time, we’ll see if integrating with the Yoast API makes sense.

Let me know if you need more info 🙂

Simon

Hi Tom,

Thanks, for advice and the update on the possible integration in the future after evaluating the API. If it’s minimal, I totally understand not implementing it in the future.

You’ve given me all I need, thank you.

Kind regards,

Simon

Burt

Just a thought – Yoast is awesome, but what a heavy resource hog even on the front end. How about looking to be able to add our own JSON-DL for home page and maybe others?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’re welcome, Simon!

Burt – absolutely! Super easy to do if you understand JSON+LD syntax. You could even use Elements to add it throughout your site.

Burt

OMG – I am slipping I never even thought about using Elements for JSON+DL!!!! Brilliant Tom!!!

The logic is all built in with Elements on where to display it and the Google Testing tool seems to work on JSON+DL. Here is a getting started with JSON+DL https://hallanalysis.com/json-ld-generator/

One thing to point out for most of the website you only have to have JSON+DL on the home page. Of course, there are many acceptions.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.