[Resolved] Schema Question

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Schema Question

Home Forums Support Schema Question

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Michael

Hi guys,

I’m trying to get to the bottom of a weird schema markup issue and have had lots of emails back and forward with RankMath, Ecwid and Google Webmaster Forum. The issue is that on my shop product pages there is triplicate schema markup. For example:

https://search.google.com/test/rich-results?id=5lPpINRinHNwxwE7EipIHA

Trying to work out where this is coming from is the cause of the to-and-fro emails. I think it is being injected by Ecwid, but not all parties agree. One of the Product Experts on the Google Webmaster Forum suggested that:

With the product markup, the dynamically added and hidden microdata version is most likely Ecwid. The other microdata version is most likely part of the theme. And the JSON-LD version may be from a plugin?

To my knowledge GP doesn’t add schema? Or am I wrong? If you guys have any insights on the triplicate schema situation they would be gratefully received. Thanks very much for your help.

Michael.

Michael
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Yes, GP adds some microdata to the HTML.

You can turn it off like this:

add_filter( 'generate_schema_type', '__return_false' );

Let me know if you need more info πŸ™‚

Michael

Hi Tom, thanks very much for getting back to me.

Can you help me clarify if/why the additional schema are helpful to include? For example, I looked up creativework on schema.org and all it says is:

The most generic kind of creative work, including books, movies, photographs, software programs, etc.

I find that it’s difficult to get any useful info from that site about best use practices and so on. Thank you for your help.

Michael.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

We’ve included general schema that can be helpful to your site, but it’s not overly specific as the theme can be made into anything.

If you’re using JSON-LD in a plugin, it’s best to disable the theme schema and go with the plugin.

Michael

Thank you Tom. I’ve disabled the theme schema now πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem πŸ™‚

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.