Black Friday Sale! Get up to $40 off GP Premium!Learn more

[Resolved] Schema compatibility together with Add-Meta-Tags plugin

Home Forums Support Schema compatibility together with Add-Meta-Tags plugin

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Stephen-Nick Oikonomou

Hi. Total newbie here when it comes to web development! I spent many weeks adding content to our company’s website, under construction at the moment, and adding a theme that fullfils our expectations is our next big goal. We are impressed by GeneratePress and the featured addons! I came here after long long searching and testing of many themes. But please be kind enough to answer some questions we have so far about the compatibility with plugins.

We have used the Add-meta-tags plugin to enter our descriptions and titles to all our pages. After activating GenratePress and validating the structured data with google we soon discovered that GeneratePress also adds schemas to our pages. My question is how should we proceed? Should it be disabled in one of them so that we have one version? Should leave them both enabled? Isn’t it a problem if both the theme and a plugin construct schemas for our content? Have you any experience with other such cases?

After much searching and testing we have ended up with these base plugins: “Add Meta-Tags”, “XML Sitemap & Google News feeds”, “Woo Commerce” and “Contact Form 7”. We use some other smaller ones, but my concerns are with these, because we will not have the budget or working hands to make changes afterwards. Except Woo-commerce have you happen to test the other ones with GeneratePress and give me any information about incompatibilities we have to know about? Very sorry to ask too many questions in one post.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

I recently came across Add Meta Tags as well – awesome plugin.

I believe there’s an option in there to disable the addition of schema markup.

I would enable that feature, as GP does add the required markup to your website, and I believe something like schema markup should be left up to the theme as it knows what kind of structure it’s working with.

All of those other plugins should be perfectly compatible with GP as well – have you run into any issues with any of them?

Let me know 🙂

Stephen-Nick Oikonomou

We are grateful for your response. With this set of plugins and theme we had no problems or better no problems that we can notice. I was working on our pages all day and I am very satisfied with the theme and plugins. I will spend more time with the theme in the following weeks and check all the enhancements you offer. We will disable the additional schemas for now to prevent complexity. I will contact you again if we notice any problem but so far all is working fine! Thank you so much!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome, I’m really glad you’re enjoying working with the theme!

Let me know if you have any other questions 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.