[Support request] SASS theme dont work.

Home Forums Support [Support request] SASS theme dont work.

Home Forums Support SASS theme dont work.

• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Kerem.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Kerem

Hi Tom,

I saw on your git you have make a generatepress sass theme!
    Thats great because normaly i work with SASS.
    But i have a question when i update the generate theme doesnt it reset the theme to default? i mean dont i lose settings for the generate sass theme?

And a other question i saw that it builds with grunt but some reason it wont start when i install it with npm is the theme stable?

Kind regards,
    Kerem Ugis

Kerem

I already see that it doesn’t work on my child theme because it probably doesn’t work the main SASS theme with sass in the same way because you probably didn’t mean to, is that right?

I saw in previous topics that more people have asked for a child theme where a sass installation could easily be done. Is it an idea that we will realize this? It would help me a lot in any case!

Regards,
    Kerem

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

While the theme uses SASS internally, it isn’t something you’re able to plug into and change – the core theme is still the core theme and shouldn’t be modified.

You can always set up your own SASS in your child theme for your custom CSS.

Of course, if you want to opt-out of our updates, there’s nothing stopping you from changing the theme name and modifying the core CSS structure.

Let me know if you need more info 🙂

Bartjan

Hi,

Is there any possibility this will be added to GP? Sassy CSS creates many flexibilities in which you can avoid heavy plugins or JS. I can’t get my own SCSS workable currently in the site (child theme not, and not through external custom css plugins or theme customizer)

Thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

you can’t serve sass or .scss files on the frontend of your website. Browsers do NOT support it.
    The code has to be compiled ( pre-processed ) into plain old css and that be served to the browser.

Kerem

I make al my themes SASS ready with laravel mix.
    Its easy to implement and works perfectly.
    https://laravel-mix.com/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.