[Support request] Same speed as TagDiv Newspaper?

Home Forums Support [Support request] Same speed as TagDiv Newspaper?

Home Forums Support Same speed as TagDiv Newspaper?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    JORGE

We just moved one of our news-focused blogs from the “heavy” NEWSPAPER theme from TagDiv to the promising GeneratePress Premium product. But the results are far from what we were expecting; all the speed tests comparing our other blog (in the same domain) using NEWSPAPER, to this blog using GeneratePress, give us almost the same numbers.

Install 1 Above – GeneratePress – https://superluchas.com/cine3/
    Install 2 Below – Newspaper – https://superluchas.com

PINGDOM

GTmetrix

Both installs are using the same (limited) set of plugins.
    The GeneratePress install is not using a page builder
    Both are using WP Rocket
    Both are using Imagify
    Both are using CloudFront (images) and CloudFlare
    And yes, both are using AdSense and Disqus, because that’s the real end-user experience.

But still, the speed is the same, sadly seems that we must ask for the 30 day money back guarantee
    ๐Ÿ™

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

I think the main issue you’re facing is the fact you have over 800 requests. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen that many requests before.

GeneratePress itself acts as a light foundation – it gives you a blank slate to build on. However, it’s not able to work any magic when it comes to that number of requests. You’ll definitely want to bring that down to at most 50-ish.

If you need a refund, you can shoot us an email through the Account Issue form and we’ll issue it right away: https://generatepress.com/contact

Let me know if you need more info – I’m happy to help ๐Ÿ™‚

JORGE

Forgive Me if my previous message was rude Tom, I just tired.
    Let’s begin again, this is the same site, every plugin turned off, no ad sense, no Disqus, etc
    Just 67 request, but still not a great grade in any site speed test

View post on imgur.com

My host is supposedly pretty good (Kinsta)
    What I’m doing wrong?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

67 requests is still a lot, so your scores won’t be good regardless of what you do. However, your load time is great (843ms), so you can totally ignore that “grade” they give.

epickenyan

I moved from Newspaper to GeneratePress three months ago. Even though my desktop speed was good, the mobile one could not go beyond 85 even when using their mobile plugin. My page speed has improved a lot since then and the page views have nearly doubled. As Tom said, there are deeper issues with your site you need to address. I test adsense with GP and I was getting 96 and 86 (yslow) on gtmetrix, so you have to do a thorough site audit to find out what is wrong, considering that you are on very good hosting than me (on shared hosting) but I have still managed to get average 4-8 seconds page speed with GP.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.