[Resolved] Safari not showing product image and add to cart not possible

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Safari not showing product image and add to cart not possible

Home Forums Support Safari not showing product image and add to cart not possible

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Dani

Hi Tom,

I have a bit of a strange problem that I cannot reproduce, because it’s only a Safari problem. Unfortunately I don’t have any MAC devices and neither anyone I know in my family and friends.

We have a German Woo group on facebook and someone pointed me in the direction of a possible theme problem.

If a user opens my shop with a Safari browser he does not see any product image and, this is a severe problem, cannot add the product to the cart. If you take for example this comb: https://shop.adorablepaws.de/produkt/chris-christensen-buttercombs/ It has one product image and two variants to choose from. The Safari user then gets a message to please choose a variant, but nothing is working. There is now error message though in the debug console.

The guy in the German group who kindly tested it for me had an idea. He said it the images might not be shown due to the setting of the container .woocommerce-product-gallery inline-style opacity:0 with a script transition 1 which is not working in Safari. The add to cart he thinks could be a javascipt issue? I have no idea what he’s talking about 🙁

I’m able to copy and paste functions and css in my child theme, but to find a bug with no error message coming up, I’m totally lost.

Do you have any idea where the problem is? Could this be a GP issue?

Strange thing is, I never in the last 3 years had anyone complaining about this malfunction, then this weekend I had several complaints all the sudden. There were no plugin updates this weekend. So that cannot be a reason.

Your help would be very much appreciated.

Regards

Dani

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Dani,

GP actually doesn’t do too much for displaying the product images. It’s basically all coming from WooCommerce itself.

First we need to narrow down the problem a bit. Are you able to temporarily activate a WordPress twenty-series theme and test if that solves the problem? That will tell us if it’s a GP or Woo problem.

Let me know 🙂

Dani

Thanks leo. I guess it’s not a GP issue, because the problem I was just told is tsill there although I switched to a WP theme.

Sorry to have bothered you.

Thanks.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

That case I would try disabling your other plugins to see if one of them is causing the conflict.

If the problem still exists using a twenty series theme with all other plugins disabled, then you will need to report this to WooCommerce.

Hope this helps!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.