[Resolved] Roadmap to switch away from unsemantic?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Roadmap to switch away from unsemantic?

Home Forums Support Roadmap to switch away from unsemantic?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Phil-Hendrik

Hi,

I’ve read in the WordPress support forums, that you’re thinking about switching the css framework, which is unsemantic.css at the moment (see here: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/what-html-framework-does-this-use/#post-11224873 ).
    To reduce additional weight on my site, I want to utilize the design engine GeneratePress is using (knowing about the issue of “theme-locking” myself).

Is there a roadmap of replacing unsemantic.css with another framework? Do you know, which it will be?
    It doesn’t make sense to design several pages in unsemantic, when there will be a replacement in the next few weeks or so.

Thanks for help and the awesome theme.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

our intentions is to switch the themes use of Unsemantic over to pure Flexbox CSS. We’re already using this in the Mobile Header for example and with some CSS Grid in the Woocommerce module.

This means there will be no CSS library/framework dependencies in the future, albeit existing sites will have a choice of keeping unsemantic if they have been using it in their own HTML/CSS

Personally, if i am working with HTML – i use Flexbox and CSS Grid. I cannot see there will be that many pre-defined CSS rules in the future theme for you to take advantage of. And as flex is so lightweight to begin with i will continue to write my own custom CSS for this.

Phil-Hendrik

Awesome, thanks 🙂

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Fabien

Hi David,

Do you have any timeline regarding this ?

Thanks !

Fabien

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Nothing definite yet – hope to see it in one of this years updates.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.