[Support request] Right or wrong to have de-activated the GP Premium blog function?

Home Forums Support [Support request] Right or wrong to have de-activated the GP Premium blog function?

Home Forums Support Right or wrong to have de-activated the GP Premium blog function?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    John

I’ve been struggling to find a solution for my site that allows me to use a grey background in the actual text boxes containing blog posts. Cannot work out if the problem stems from the UAG Ultimate Addons for Gutenberg Blocks (whose functionality I need) but it is more likely a result of my lack of coding knowledge.

Having lifted the code below from a GP forum post, …when this code is put into Simple CSS it is only working for me on ‘inside-article’ on the ‘single separate-containers’ (what I refer to as my blog post 2nd page) and not on the ‘category’ (referred to as blog 1st page) or ‘archive’ (referred to as blog 3rd page) variants of ‘inside-articles’? :

.single.separate-containers .inside-article,
    .category.separate-containers .inside-article,
    .archive.separate-containers .inside-article {
    background: #ececec;
    }

Suspecting (rightly or wrongly?) that my GP Premium V 1.11.3 blog module may not be happily co-existing with settings I want to use from the UAG Ultimate Addons for Gutenberg Blocks (more specifically the Post Timeline Block) on my ‘1st blog post’ page, I have de-activated the GP Premium blog function and since then have achieved only partial success with using the grey background behind the black text (on the single post page).

Under these circumstances, is it conceivable that the GP forum code I’ve used is specific only to being used with the GP Premium blog configuration activated …and no longer valid for use in Simple CSS on WP 5.5?

Should I still have the GP Premium configuration activated?

I have a set of 5 images available to show exactly what I mean but don’t know how to upload them to this forum without compromising my site’s (or my own computer’s) security.

Please can someone advise a.s.a.p?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

I don’t think the Blog module is conflicting.

Have you tried setting the background color in Customize > Colors > Content for your content background setting?

Let me know 🙂

John

Thanks for your response Tom …and yes, particularly in my case, the obvious solution is the correct response – however, not this time. I’m not wanting to change the page backgrounds for the whole site globally, only for the blog areas please.
    Please view explanatory images: https://imgur.com/a/DdNsqrA

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ah, got it. Try this:

.single.separate-containers .inside-article,
    .category.separate-containers .inside-article,
    .archive.separate-containers .inside-article,
    .blog.separate-containers .inside-article {
        background: #ececec;
    }
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.