[Support request] Reusable Block does not appear

Home Forums Support [Support request] Reusable Block does not appear

Home Forums Support Reusable Block does not appear

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Roman

Hello!
    I have created 4 reusable blocks. When I want to insert the block in the Gutenberg Editor, the 4 new ones are not shown (only the older ones).

How can I access the blocks? So far this has always worked. Does this have to do with the last WP update?
    I only have this problem on my websites where GP is installed.

FYI: Maybe it has something to do with that, too. On my GP websites the blocks are always converted into Classic Editor blocks

Thanks for your help!
    Roman

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

can you try disabling other plugins to see if there is a conflict.

Roman

Hello, David,
    I have deactivated all plugins. The problem still exists.
    I always had the reusable blocks displayed in the classic editor – you know the phenomenon?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

In the Editor – top right hand corner click the 3 dot menu and select Manage all re-useable blocks. If they are visible in that list then they should be accessible from the editor.

Roman

Hello!
    Yeah, that’s the confusing one. The Reusable Block Database shows them all correctly. But you can’t select them in the post.
    What’s interesting is that a block that I had already deleted is still displayed.

I also disabled all plugins on staging to check for conflicts. But it doesn’t work if all plugins are deactivated either.

Thanks for your help!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Re-usable blocks are 100% core WordPress, so something must be conflicting.

Any caching plugins/server caching? Custom functions maybe?

Roman

Hello, Tom.
    Yes, I use server caching. But I have 5 identical instances running at the provider (RAIDBOXES). Only with one of them the problem occurs.

I have now in staging (cache is deactivated there) again all plugins deactivated and activated. No difference. But then I noticed the following: When I edit the post and want to insert the block, it is not displayed.
    But if I empty the browser cache, the block will be displayed at once.

Do you have an explanation for this?

PS: If I don’t empty the browser cache for every post, the block is not displayed.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It’s not something I’ve ever encountered, unfortunately, so I don’t have an explanation for it. I assume there’s something misconfigured/corrupt in the one installation you’re seeing the issue.

Re-usable blocks are just a custom post type, so it’s not like WordPress is doing anything crazy complex behind the scenes. Something in that installation is making it so those custom post type items aren’t accessible.

Roman

Short update: I have now deleted all plugins. The problem still exists.
    But I noticed that the problem only occurs in the chrome – not in other browsers. I have now deleted all browser data, but the problem still exists.

I can’t figure it out. Do you have any ideas?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Chrome caching does some weird stuff occasionally.
    Are you able to test the site on another device ? This will identify if it is a site issue or related to the specific devices browser – which may just need a hard reset.

Roman

Unfortunately, none of it helped. I’ll try to clear this up with the hosting company again.

Thanks for the help!!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problems. Let us know if the hosting company finds a fix.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.