[Support request] Rest of page with siderbar, except the page header element?

Home Forums Support [Support request] Rest of page with siderbar, except the page header element?

Home Forums Support Rest of page with siderbar, except the page header element?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Simon

Hi,

I’m using a page header element which works nice to use the first block to merge a background image in a slider at the top with the background image in the primary nav.

However, I cannot seem to add a siderbar underneath the slider. If I add a sidebar, the top slider gets the sidebar too (and then doesnt align or merge properly with the primary nav background image?

Would be grateful for any help in setting the sidebar independent from the top slider and content underneath it, so it only appears underneath.
    Cheers

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

can you share a link to the site where we can see the problem with the Sidebar enabled?

Simon

Hi David,
    Although Im not sure it will help because ive tried a few different orientations.

I’m basically trying to have a slider at the top, with a background image that merges with the header. This works fine on the home page here

However, when I come to add a sidebar, it adds the sidebar to the whole page including the header. Is it possible to stop this header from having the sidebar?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You will need to add the Slider shortcode in the Header Elements content.

Simon

I’m a bit confused about how to place a shortcode in the Header Elements content?

Where would the shortcode point to? What content would it be embedding? Is it possible to create a block and then have a shortcode to it?

I wonder why is it not possible to use blocks in the header elements ?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

The Slider Plugin should provide you with a Shortcode eg. [slider-shortcode] that simply has to be pasted in the Text field of the Header Element.

Alternatively if you want you can create a Block Element:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/block-element-overview/

And set it to Hook: generate_after_header to position it in the same place as the Header Element would be. Note: when using 3rd party block plugins, not all of the use Dynamic CSS which means they won’t work correctly.

Simon

Arghhh – the slider im using does show using a shortcode in the header elements. however, it does not show with the css styling? I’m guessing since this is a 3rd party slider block. Any chance you know how to get the CSS styling to work for a 3rd party block?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Nope – if the Block plugin author didn’t use dynamic CSS then there is no way around that.
    Personally i would recommend a standard slider plugin such as MetaSlider or SmartSlider.

Onur

Hello David,

I purchased this theme and i love it. I dont want to open a new topic. Maybe i can ask here: Please tell me, how i can create a slider? is there any solution basic and without plugin? I hate plugins anymore… Never working smooth and solid.

webside: grammaranalog.com

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.