[Resolved] Responsive Issues

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Responsive Issues

Home Forums Support Responsive Issues

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Joel

Hello, I’m having some responsive issues with a development site (at least with the Chrome mobile device toggle). I’ve tried to narrow it down to a few sections that seem to be causing the issue (if you change the device to iPhone 5/SE in Chrome inspector) and have replicated on different pages to test.

The test-3 link shows how it should be working, and it responds fine. The other 2 links are examples of sections that seem to be causing a problem. Open the link in Chrome then go to Inspector and choose iPhone 5/SE and you’ll see that there seems to be overflow on the x axis and it doesn’t seem to compress to screen size? Can you see anything obvious that’s causing this?

Thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

i am not seeing an issue on any of the links … have you tried checking in an incognito/private browser to make sure theres no caching issues.

Joel

That’s interesting, thanks David. Yes I’ve tried incognito, I’ve got a feeling it might be a bug with Chrome as sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t!

This is one way I can guarantee it doesn’t work…open Chrome Inspector and toggle device to iPhone 5/SE > Close browser > Open Chrome (in normal desktop mode) > Go to “test-1” link > Now Inspect (it should automatically be in iPhone 5/SE mode).

I then get that overflow, the weird thing is that if you hover over a full width element it says it is 320 pixels (i.e. the width of iPhone 5/SE) but for some reason it doesn’t scale in the emulator. It seems to be something to do with buttons / headlines / SVG icons / grids but not able to get to the bottom of it.

Thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can’t get that to happen running latest version of Chrome on MacOS … if it happens again check to see if theres any 404 errors on Network tab related to CSS styles.

Joel

I’m on MacOS too running latest version of Chrome but not the latest version of MacOS so maybe that’s the differentiating factor. Thanks for confirming it looks ok your end…I’ll try and ignore it!

Thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Odd one – could be browser caching or an extension interfering with it… glad to be of ‘some’ help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.