[Resolved] Responsive issue after updating to GP 1.4.2

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Responsive issue after updating to GP 1.4.2

Home Forums Support Responsive issue after updating to GP 1.4.2

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Peter

Hi there,

I am having a responsive issue.
    it’s about a gallery plugin,that brakes down the columns according to the media size, for example 2 columns phone, 3 columns tablet, 4 columns desktop.
    Switched to theme Twenty Seventeen and result on mobiles was in Portrait mode as expected.
    With GP the result is different – only the first row appears and it doesn’t break down to the next row.
    Deactivated also all plugins – no difference.
    So the issue is somehow Theme related.
    The site is http://nun.graphics/testing

Any hint from your side?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Everything seems to be working fine for me. The plugin is using JS to calculate the columns/widths, so maybe there was a JS error?

If you’re still seeing the issue, can you show me a screenshot?

Peter

It depends a lot which phone is used. I am checking it with http://www.responsinator.com and own iPhone 6. Sometimes it shows with iPhone 6 results (when 2 columns), but gets stuck with 3 columns.
    Here some screenshots with iPhone 5 and iPhone 6.
    Screenshot
    Screenshot
    Screenshot
    Screenshot

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I can get it to happen on desktop by resizing down really quickly.

As you can see, the items have a “hidden” class, stopping them from displaying: https://www.screencast.com/t/iPVw46izs

Might be worth reporting to the plugin author. There’s nothing in GP that should prevent the plugin from adding/removing the appropriate classes.

Peter

Tom, thanks a lot for looking at the issue.
    Still it is a bit odd, that the result with Twenty Seventeen is different than that with GP.
    I try to get in contact with the plugin author. Unfortunately he doesn’t respond as fast as GP support does. While GP support acts within hours, some authors at Envato need weeks!
    Another Bonus point for the GP Team.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, well I’m assuming they’re setting those classes using javascript, and there’s no javascript errors on the page to prevent the plugin from working.

Hopefully they’re able to shed some light on what’s going on. If they believe it’s the theme, it would be great to know why they think that and what to check for.

Peter

The plugin author fixed the issue – now all works fine on tablets & phones. Although Twenty Seventeen delivered different results, it wasn’t a theme issue at all.
    Now it’s really fantastic how one can adjust both GP theme and plugins regarding responsiveness.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Great news! Thanks for reporting back 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.