[Resolved] Request: Update .pot files

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Request: Update .pot files

Home Forums Support Request: Update .pot files

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Boris

Hi, and thank you for making GP Premium πŸ™‚

I did the hard work to update all the missing and bad translations on all da_DK files via PoEdit.
    Afterwards I found out that the .pot files were incomplete and a lot of strings were missing all around.

So my request is to regenerate all .pot files from source, so the translation can be completed.
    If you update the .pot files I can easily “update from POT file” in PoEdit and add the missing translations.

I will of course send you the da_DK files when they are complete so everyone can benefit from them πŸ™‚

Thank you!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ah yes, I’ll do this for the next update. Sorry about that!

For now you should be able to generate fresh .pot files?

Thanks for contributing! I really appreciate it πŸ™‚

Boris

Hi Tom, thank you for replying so quickly!

I did look into generating the .pot files myself, but as an amateur I ended up with a “master pot” with all strings in one file (500+). I don’t know how to generate them individually.

I’m very pleased that you will provide updated .pot files in the next update. Please allow me 1-2 days thereafter to translate and test so the translation is 100% satisfactory.

I will update this thread with a link to a zip file with the translations then.

I hope you will generate updated .pot files everytime you change strings or add new features.

Thanks! πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Translations are such a mess right now as they’re all separated. I’ll be merging them all into one master gp-premium.pot file soon, which will be much easier to maintain.

Thank you!

Boris

I understand the burden. I wonder if a system could be implemented so WordPress could update translations automatically for themes/plugins like they actually do in core. When I updated to 4.x, the “what’s new” page was in english but was automagically translated to my native language the next day. I personally don’t like that WordPress “calls home” like that, but I guess a lot of developers could benefit from that technology.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That’s how it works with our theme since it’s on WP.org, but since the plugin is premium and hosted with us, it wouldn’t work.

I’m definitely looking at a couple different ways to make it easier on translators πŸ™‚

Boris

I appreciate it. Thank you Tom πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

All add-on translations will be merged in GPP 1.6 – then we’ll look at an easier way for the community to contribute translations.

Thanks for the kickstart! πŸ™‚

Boris

Hi, I’m back after 9 months with a translation based on GPP 1.7.2. It’s 100% done.

Have you found an easier way to contribute translations? Of course I will find an error in my translation after posting this πŸ™‚

I uploaded the translation to uploadfiles.io: https://ufile.io/mlyw3

PS, there’s a few places where the translated strings doesn’t have any effect, and a few places where there’s no given string in the .pot file. Do you want me to try to find them all for you? πŸ™‚

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Boris, ill pass this onto Tom so he can thank you directly. Good timing Tom just released this:

https://translate.generatepress.com

Boris

Hi David, thank you.

I signed up to become a translator. I hope I can upload the .po file when I eventually get access, else I have some copy/paste work to do it seems πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome! I just uploaded your translations.

I also added you to the project.

Thank you! I really appreciate it πŸ™‚

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.