[Resolved] Replicating the new Generatepress homepage

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Replicating the new Generatepress homepage

Home Forums Support Replicating the new Generatepress homepage

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Eva

Hi,
    I was reading https://docs.generatepress.com/article/replicating-the-screenshot/, but it refers to the former Generate Press homepage. Is there a new version of this article available?

Thanks!
    Eva

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

That is actually just to replicate the screenshot for our WP.org page:
    https://en-ca.wordpress.org/themes/generatepress/

Our current home is completely coded with HTML from scratch.

You should be able to get it pretty close with Gutenberg and columns blocks though.

Let me know if this helps πŸ™‚

Eva

Hey Leo,

Thanks for the fast reply. You say “Our current home is completely coded with HTML from scratch”, so… no Generatepress?
    I will try to figure it out with Gutenberg blocks and columns. Should I use the Header Element?
    Thank you!
    Eva

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

It is definitely using GeneratePress but with custom HTML πŸ™‚

And yup header element can be used for the first section.

Eva

Thanks Leo, I succeeded in making the desired design with GP, a header element and Gutenberg blocks πŸ™‚

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear!

Gutenberg takes a bit to get used to but we do like it and see its potential πŸ™‚

Frank

Curious, how do you guys approach custom html with Generatepress? I’m assuming also using simple css plugin, but would love to know what general approach you all take.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Not quite sure if I understand the question.

Custom HTML is just HTML and should be basically unrelated to which theme you use πŸ™‚

Frank

I mean to say with GP I’ve been just using sections and putting in my custom html to write the sections out to implement custom. I was curious if there was a different / more optimal way – or if it simply doesn’t matter.

Or for example, maybe it’s more efficient to just use gutenberg (still getting used to that vs. classic editor).

I ask because, so far, GP has enabled me to leverage a lot of the speed gains / optimizations I normally get with full custom coded projects, just inside WP, which I’m less familiar with optimizing in a custom way for best results.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Shouldn’t matter that much as long as it’s not page builders πŸ˜‰

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.