[Support request] Reorder div elements with jQuery

Home Forums Support Reorder div elements with jQuery

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    George

I am trying to reorder two div elements in a template that get generated by a plugin. I insert

<script>
    (function($) {
    	jQuery('.class2').insertBefore('.class1');
    }) ( jQuery );
    </script>

through a hook element at wp_footer but it doesn’t seem to work. I have also tried it in wp_header. I don’t see any errors in the console, either. Is that the correct way of doing it?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

ideally scripts go in the footer so they are executed after the elements are loaded. Can’t see an issue with the script – i tested this on a clean GP install to move the content above the nav:

(function($) {
    	$('.container').insertBefore('.main-navigation');
    }) ( jQuery );

So it may be a specificity issue you’re having ie. are those element classes unique.

George

The divs exist in a modal that loads the whole content. Could that be an issue?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Most probably – if the modal content is being called by ajax or another script then those elements won’t exist when the script is executed.

George

Is there anything I can do to intercept the ajax click? I have modified my first post to include a URL. The modal will appear when you click on one of the portfolio items.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I believe you would need to use an event handler to execute yours script – so when the element is clicked or the ajax modal is loaded. This stack overflow goes into some detail on that:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/16062899/jquery-doesnt-work-after-content-is-loaded-via-ajax

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.