[Resolved] Removing wpadminbar for logged out users?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Removing wpadminbar for logged out users?

Home Forums Support Removing wpadminbar for logged out users?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    RH

Hello,

Happy Generate Press premium user here. Thank you Tom for making this awesome them (and Simple CSS, which I use all the time as well) πŸ™‚

I’m having an issue with the ( div id=”wpadminbar” class=”nojq” ) element on my site, specifically when nobody is logged in. I don’t wish for non-logged in users to see this and have the option to try and log in.

Sure, I can easily add the following to my CSS:

.nojq {
    display:none;
    }

and this gets rid of it, but the problem is this hides it for actual logged in users on the dashboard as well. I’d like for it to only go away for non-logged in users.

I did a search for this problem and it was suggested to use plugins, but I don’t wish to permanently hide the wpadmin bar, just for non-logged in users.

Thank you!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Just to confirm, you are referring to this bar here?
    https://www.screencast.com/t/zXHYb1iHWwl8

And it’s visible for none login users?

That’s very strange – we’ve never had this reported before.

Any chance you can link me to the page in question with all plugins disabled?

Let me know πŸ™‚

RH

I figured it out. It was the BuddyPress Plugin that was adding it.

I apologize for using this avenue, I thought it was GeneratePress that was causing the problem. I apologize. I removed the BuddyPress plugin and the bar was instantly removed.

Thank you GP team for making such an excellent theme. Please disregard.

EDIT: No Leo, not that bar. It’s an all-black bar that just says “Log In” on the far left and it was shown to non-logged in users when you open an incognito window, for example. I didn’t want this showing because most users to our site don’t have WP accounts, and for obvious reasons we don’t want people trying to log in and know where to go to do so. I don’t know why BuddyPress would even offer this, it’s not a smart thing to do. Anyway, thank you for the response. I nuked that plugin. πŸ˜‰

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad you’ve figured out πŸ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.