[Resolved] removing free site library and adding premium library site

Home Forums Support [Resolved] removing free site library and adding premium library site

Home Forums Support removing free site library and adding premium library site

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Peter

I just purchased and installed GeneratePress premium. My website is in the temporary stage so I am not worried about loosing anything (there is nothing on it to loose). When I installed the free version of GeneratePress, I chose one of the free templates or library sites you offer.

1. How can I remove that free library site/template and start over?

2. How can I add one of the premium library sites/templates?

Thanks,

Peter

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

1. This should help: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/removing-imported-site/

2. Once #1 is done, then you can just import a new one again.

Let me know if this helps.

Peter

Thanks.

It seems it might be easier to delete the free version of GeneratePress, delete the premium plugin, and then reinstall both. Would that be “safe” to do?

Thanks.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

The easiest method is to use Reset WP plugin – there is a link to it at the foot of the article Leo provided.
    Removing and re-installing GP and GPP won’t change a thing.

Peter

Thank you David. I will try this tonight or tomorrow. Much appreciated.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome ๐Ÿ™‚

Peter

David,

I just did the reset and it was good. Thank you. But now I have a follow up question. After the reset I am now using the wizard and it is forcing me to choose a theme followed by the message “Choose a design for your website (don’t worry, you can change this later).” Isn’t this the same problem? Is there no way to begin with a blank generaterpress theme? Sorry if this is a novice question.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Peter,

WP Reset literally puts it back to a blank install without uninstalling plugins or Themes. But it does deactivate them, so you will need to activate the GP theme and the plugin.

Peter

Thank you. I feel blind. Of course it would default to another theme. Thank you!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome Peter. It caught me out the first time! ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.