- This topic has 9 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 3 years, 2 months ago by David.
July 27, 2018 at 9:59 am #634180Peter
I just purchased and installed GeneratePress premium. My website is in the temporary stage so I am not worried about loosing anything (there is nothing on it to loose). When I installed the free version of GeneratePress, I chose one of the free templates or library sites you offer.
1. How can I remove that free library site/template and start over?
2. How can I add one of the premium library sites/templates?
PeterGP Premium 1.6.2July 27, 2018 at 1:27 pm #634296LeoStaffCustomer Support
1. This should help: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/removing-imported-site/
2. Once #1 is done, then you can just import a new one again.
Let me know if this helps.July 28, 2018 at 12:21 pm #634887Peter
It seems it might be easier to delete the free version of GeneratePress, delete the premium plugin, and then reinstall both. Would that be “safe” to do?
Thanks.July 28, 2018 at 2:22 pm #634930DavidStaffCustomer SupportJuly 28, 2018 at 2:24 pm #634932Peter
Thank you David. I will try this tonight or tomorrow. Much appreciated.July 28, 2018 at 2:36 pm #634933DavidStaffCustomer SupportJuly 28, 2018 at 2:53 pm #634935Peter
I just did the reset and it was good. Thank you. But now I have a follow up question. After the reset I am now using the wizard and it is forcing me to choose a theme followed by the message “Choose a design for your website (don’t worry, you can change this later).” Isn’t this the same problem? Is there no way to begin with a blank generaterpress theme? Sorry if this is a novice question.July 28, 2018 at 2:57 pm #634938DavidStaffCustomer SupportJuly 28, 2018 at 3:11 pm #634942Peter
Thank you. I feel blind. Of course it would default to another theme. Thank you!July 28, 2018 at 3:30 pm #634946
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.