[Support request] Remove page builder

Home Forums Support [Support request] Remove page builder

Home Forums Support Remove page builder

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Stewart

How do you remove a page builder?

thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Stewart,

I assume you mean what happens with the content on a page that you used a pagebuilder (?).
    If so it varies for each page builder. Beaver Builder and Elementor for example, will just leave your unstyled content in the WordPress editor. Others may leave behind shortcodes that will need to be removed.

Let me know.

Stewart

What I did was choose a builder under the site library. Now I want to revert to the way my site looked before that. The builder I chose was called “Seller”

Stu

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Stewart

That does not help! You might as well tell me to throw out the computer as well as the site! Surely there’s some way to get rid of the restyling without having to throw out the content. And what ever happened to warnings, and documentation? There ain’t none– that’s why I thought I’d experiment with a page builder. Wish I’d never heard of this alleged ‘feature’.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Did you install the site on top of existing content? Or was it an empty WordPress install?

It’s recommended that the Site Library is only used on fresh installs, as it makes re-setting them back to default much easier.

However, it’s not 100% necessary. For example, Seller only installs 6 pages for you:

• Cart
    • Checkout
    • Contact
    • My account
    • Shop
    • Typography

Manually deleting those should only take a minute.

Then you just need to:

1. Deactivate the plugins, Seller installs these:

• Contact Form 7
    • MailChimp for WordPress
    • WooCommerce

2. Reset your GP settings by going to “Appearance > GeneratePress” and clicking the “Reset” button.

3. Go into the Media Library and delete the images of the products.

During the installation process we try to make it super clear what’s about to happen when you proceed. We’re working on a quicker way to revert a site you installed – it’s coming along.

Let me know if you have any other questions – sorry for the frustration!

Stewart

I love your theme and the GP Premium add-ons, but really, anybody as impulsive idiot with a micro attention span like me would ignore your little warnings and plunge in. I saw the warning but it wasn’t very emphatic. I mean if you’d said “STOP!! You’re going to destroy your site if you’ve already got content in it– don’t use this feature unless you’re starting a new site!!!” I’d have listened.

Now I’m going to have to rebuild my entire site. All to get rid of a page builder that hardly does anything.

And what about documentation? Can’t you provide a little introductory sentence at the top of the Site Library window, such as: This is a site builder. It helps you create a brand new site. But it’s not a theme. You can’t switch from one builder to the next.

I want to emphasize that this is my favorite internet theme & plug-in collection. Just remember there are idiots out there who like to push buttons.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

We could make the warnings a little more stern – I’ll play around with that.

Installing a site from the library on top of your existing content won’t completely destroy your site, it will just take a little more time to undo what was added.

Your GeneratePress settings are backed up during the first step of the installation process, so you can re-import those easily.

Then it’s just a matter of deleting what was added, which we go over in the article Leo shared.

There’s tons of room for improvement here, as the Site Library is our latest addition. I really appreciate your feedback!

Sorry again for the frustration – let me know if there’s anything I can do to help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.