[Resolved] Remove item from a dropdown list of categories

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Remove item from a dropdown list of categories

Home Forums Support Remove item from a dropdown list of categories

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Mark

I know this is not a generate press (or even GP premium) concern but I have contacted Time.ly support and was able to receive no help.

I have a calendar page with a dropdown list of 3 categories corresponding to events from three categories of calendar events. Since the last one (personal) displays personal events, I would like to hide it from view, and have the dropdown list show only two categories.

Is there some code snippet that would do this?

Thanks,

Mark

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

i found this rather old topic where they provide a filter snippet for excluding categories. Might still do the trick:

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/hide-category-from-main-calendar-but-not-category-calendar/#post-1012460

Mark

Thanks David,

I will see if I can modify that script to work with the Time.ly calendar. The script you refer to works with the Modern Tribe calendar.

Mark

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Don’t quote me but i think they are the same thing, the markup looks identical and it begins with this comment on your site:

<!-- START All-in-One Event Calendar Plugin - Version 2.5.38 -->

Mark

Thanks David!

I will give it a try.

Mark

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hopefully it works 🙂 their support forum was horrendous lol i could be completely wrong – they all use the same name

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Well looks like i got that totally wrong…. sorry.
    How is the calendar output? Using a shortcode? If thats the case could you not define what categories it displays:

https://time.ly/resources/additional-wordpress-settings/getting-started-with-the-timely-word-press-plugin/display-multiple-calendars-on-your-site-shortcodes/

Mark

Yes, there support forum doesn’t have much to offer.

Thanks for trying though.

I have created some pages just using shortcakes. However, it is a lot cleaner and nicer to be able to use the default calendar page that includes a dropdown filter for the categories.

Mark

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sorry we couldn’t be much more assistance. Will keep you posted if we see something

Mark

You already went above and beyond. Thanks

Mark

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Mark

Great support! I love generate press.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.