[Resolved] Remove framing around website

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Remove framing around website

Home Forums Support Remove framing around website

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Justin

I’m moving my website over to WordPress over from Wix, because I want more functionality, but for now, dramatic changes to the look of the website are not at the top of the list. Right now, I’m trying to get the staged website website to look like the current one. I cannot get the staged page to extend all the way across the window, no matter what I do.

I’m also trying to get the “Contact” form to look more like the one on the original page, but I’m struggling with the CSS for that as well (but I’m not sure if it’s my ineptitude or the limitations of the platform that form integrates into (Clio Grow) that is the cause of my problems).

Does anyone have any ideas?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the white frame around the site is coming from this CSS:

body {
        padding: 1rem;
    }

Once thats done you need to add the image as a Background image in the Section – this will stretch to fill the container, make sure you add some top / bottom padding to the section to give it some height. Just to note, you may find the Header Element a better tool for creating these hero images:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/header-element-overview/

How is the contact form generated? If it is a plugin i would expect there to be an option to use placeholder text instead of labels. We can then help out with some CSS to make it look closer to your original. Let me know

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.