[Support request] Remove Breakpoint /Responsive

Home Forums Support [Support request] Remove Breakpoint /Responsive

Home Forums Support Remove Breakpoint /Responsive

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ed

No offense bc i love this lightweight theme but the middle breakpoint is useless. My site looks like crap on ipad. Looks fine on comp and fine on mobile but looks like absolute crap on ipad (768-1024) breakpoint. Is there a way to just remove this breakpoint? If it’s smaller than 1024 then just use the mobile version? If so, what files and code do I need to change to make this happen?

Ed

I also paid for the upgraded GP hoping it would have some more mobile features but it did not. Please advise and thank you.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

What exactly isn’t looking good? It’s likely better to adjust that one element instead of forcing the mobile site at 1024.

Let us know 🙂

Ed

Well all of it honestly. Anything that comes in a column like, columns, footer widgets, latest posts columns, etc., All just smooshes together, etc., instead of wrapping. It’s like it trying to squeeze the full version into the ipad version and it looks horrible. I want anything that comes in columns to just convert to one item per line instead of trying to say squeeze all 3 on one line as if it was the desktop view. Even my footer widgets just squeeze 5 widget areas very narrow instead of just having them 1 per line.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi,

Can you link us to the site so we could take a look?

As Tom mentioned, It’s likely better to adjust that one element instead of forcing the whole site’s mobile view to use 1024px as this may cause more problems since some elements already have their own set @media queries.

But to directly answer the question:

You can adjust the media queries as Tom mentioned here:
    https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/setting-custom-responsive-css-media-max-width-ranges/#post-1416756

Note: this will apply to all. Unfortunately, there’s

And of course, if you want to add its preview on customizer, read this:
    https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/how-to-change-customizer-device-breakpoints/#post-1189796

Important note: Not all things are controlled here. Some sites from site library add its own CSS codes on Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS and some of the codes have their own media queries set. For those codes, you’ll have to edit them manually.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.