[Support request] Remove bottom margin/padding for footer and top margin/padding for sticky nav?

Home Forums Support [Support request] Remove bottom margin/padding for footer and top margin/padding for sticky nav?

Home Forums Support Remove bottom margin/padding for footer and top margin/padding for sticky nav?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ali

Hello, and thank you for an excellent theme.

I have looked through the customizer layout settings and my additional CSS, as well as using inspect to look at the source code in my browser, but I can’t seem to find which element is adding a small space at the bottom of the screen below the footer and at the top of the screen above the sticky nav menu of the header.

I would like the sticky nav menu of the header to be aligned to the top of the screen without any white space above it.

I also have a photo in the footer on the homepage and would like it to be aligned to the bottom of the screen without any white space below it.

Please help.

Thanks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the white space below the footer image can be fixed with this CSS:

.footer-image img {
        vertical-align: middle;
    }

I am not sure what you mean about the white space above the navigation? Do you want the menu items to be flush with the browser bar? Could make them difficult to click on… let me know

Ali

Hi David,

That code did the trick for the footer image. Thank you very much!

For the navigation menu links, I want the menu items to be flush with the browser bar so that when the link is active or on hover, the highlighted area is connected to the browser bar. I will add padding to the nav menu items to adjust the size of the clickable area. I just want to eliminate that extra space above the link when the link is active or on hover.

Do you know how I would be able to do that?

Thanks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

So the menu items will have an active / hover color? if so can you add that to your site using the Customizer > Colors and increase the Menu Item height to say 60px. Then i can take another look.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.