[Support request] Related Posts Links and Lazy Loading

Home Forums Support [Support request] Related Posts Links and Lazy Loading

Home Forums Support Related Posts Links and Lazy Loading

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Luke

Hello

I have two questions.

1. I’d like to place Related Post link above each subheading in the posts on my blog.

2. I’d like to stop lazy loading the images that appear above the fold. All the others are set to lazy loading, but the one above the fold shouldn’t be lazy loading.

I suppose I would need custom codes to be able to do these 2 things, right?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

is it possible to see the site ?

Luke

I’ve just read on one of the forums that WordPress core lazy-loads all images except the first one on the page, so if it’s true then it’s fine, but I don’t know if it’s true.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

WordPress cores lazy loader is using the native lazy loader supported in Chromium browsers. In that case, Chrome generally ignores lazy loading on above the fold images. So unless you’re seeing a big delay on them loading then you can leave it as is.

On this:

1. I’d like to place Related Post link above each subheading in the posts on my blog.

So if i go to a Single Post, before each H2 – you want to add a related post link ? Is that correct

Luke

Yes, I was thinking about adding one Related Post link above an H2 in my blog posts. It doesn’t have to be before each one, but 2-3 such links in a blog post would suffice. Do I have to do it manually in each post or is there a different way according to you?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

How do you define the Related Post ? Is that manually selected ?

Luke

Yes, I like to select them manually.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

If you’re wanting to pick them specifically then the easiest method is to add a GB Query Loop block on the page. There you can select the specific post you want displayed.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.