[Resolved] regarding GP Sections

Home Forums Support regarding GP Sections

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  David 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

zendo

Hi,

I am planning to build a website that uses GP Sections rather extensively, both for posts and pages (no page builder).

My questions is, what would happen if say in the future I no longer use GP and switch to other theme? Will that mess my content?

I am not planning to switch to other theme any time soon since I am super happy with GP. The only reason I am asking this question is because I had bad experience with Divi of Elegant Themes in the past. Divi leaves a gigantic mess when I change to other theme. Shortcode tags are all over my content. It’s a serious problem especially if you have lots of content on your website. I wonder if that will also be the case if I use Sections.

I actually experimented with it earlier. When switching to other theme, I do not see Divi-like mess at all, which is really impressive. But since it’s a test site, there’s only a handful of posts and pages there. Not sure if it also won’t happen with larger website.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to reply to my question.

David Customer Support

Hi there,

thats correct, no mess – your content including any HTML will remain intact and will just open in the normal WP editor.

What you will lose is the markup and CSS the Section created, so Classes & IDs, padding, background images etc. … anything you set in the Sections Settings.

zendo

Hi David,

Thank you for confirming this, much appreciated.

David Customer Support
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.