[Resolved] Reg: Posts being republished for current date and not showing up on home page.

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Reg: Posts being republished for current date and not showing up on home page.

Home Forums Support Reg: Posts being republished for current date and not showing up on home page.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Danielle

Occasionally I update old posts then change the date on them to the current date. This should theoretically put them on the home page of my blog. I noticed that this worked for desktop, but when I viewed my site on mobile, it doesn’t show the post on the home page.

Initially I just changed the date. When that didn’t work, I tried reverting to draft and publishing for yesterday’s date. No luck with either method.

Is this a setting I’m missing or a glitch?

Post is the picnic blanket DIY on diydanielle.com.

Thanks!
    Danielle

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hey Danielle,

I just checked on my phone and the most recent post I’m seeing is “How to Sew a Picnic Blanket”. Are you not seeing that?

Let me know πŸ™‚

Danielle

Welp. I see it now πŸ™‚ It wasn’t there this morning, I swear! LOL. I assumed maybe my site was cached on my phone so I had my friend check and she didn’t see it either.

Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem! πŸ™‚

Danielle

So I’m back… haha. I have been keeping an eye on this and it looked like it’s taking time for the mobile version of my site to post a new post to the front page. It works fine for the desktop version. Usually within 24 hrs it’ll show up. I’m assuming it has something to do with caching but wouldn’t both versions of my site be affected?

And it’s impacted on other people’s mobile devices as well. The blog post IS searchable, it just doesn’t show up on front page.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm yea – caching shouldn’t care whether it’s mobile or desktop. Do you have any caching plugins installed?

Danielle

That was my thought. My husband mentioned it could be a cache miss… I have StackCache installed, but I don’t know if I installed that or my host. I’ve been working on speeding up my site so they’ve been helping me out here and there.

Thanks πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It might be worth testing without it activated – see if a new post shows up immediately or not.

No problem πŸ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.