[Resolved] ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined on some pages

Home Forums Support [Resolved] ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined on some pages

Home Forums Support ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined on some pages

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Leo.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Kim

Hey there,

I’m using a plugin to create responsive carousels on the site I’m working on. I’ve created one and used the shortcode to implement it on the homepage and this works fine.

However, when I try to use it on any other page the slider doesn’t show.

I checked the javascript console and I’m getting two ‘Uncaught ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined’ errors.

Having had a look around online it looks like it’s to do with when jQuery loads. On the network tab in Dev Tools I can see that jQuery loads before anything else on the homepage, but this isn’t the case on the other page?

Unfortunately I’m building this site locally (not sure if this might be part of the problem…) so I cannot share any live links, but I’m happy to send over screenshots if you need me to.

Many thanks!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

I believe this is the issue:
    https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/jquery-installation/#post-897958

Let me know if this helps 🙂

Kim

Hey Leo,

Thanks for getting back to me.

It looks as though jQuery is already installed though, as the script does run on both pages. It’s just that the script doesn’t run first like it does on the homepage?

Here’s a screenshot of the network tab when loading on a secondary page:

javascript console

Many thanks!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I would recommend disabling all plugins to eliminate any conflicts first.

GP itself cannot cause issues like this.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.