- This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year, 2 months ago by Tom.
July 25, 2019 at 1:36 pm #967349Lal
I have GP Premium plugin installed. I have been trying to optimize the page loading time.
1. It seems that the scores on both Google Page Speed and GTMatrix are close to optimum for the “Home” page.
The only “bad” results on the home page are on YSlow: Reduce the number of DOM elements F(49)
It suggests: “There are 2048 DOM elements on the page. Reduce that number”.
I have the Nitropack plugin installed to speed up the website. It has helped a lot. On the above issue, they wrote to me saying:
“.. You may also want to reach out to your theme developer and ask them to prepare a more optimized version of the theme using the same content, but with fewer DOM elements, if possible.”
Would you be able to do that?
2. On other, more “complex” pages, I also get the following “bad scores” on YSlow, in addition to the above:
– Make fewer HTTP requests F(0)
– Compress components with gzip D(67)
YSlow suggestion: “There are 3 plain text components that should be sent compressed”.
If you can make any suggestions on #2 that would be appreciated too.
Thanks!July 25, 2019 at 8:03 pm #967515TomLead DeveloperLead Developer
The theme itself has very few DOM elements.
Let me know 🙂July 26, 2019 at 6:23 am #967775Lal
Thank you, Tom.
Yes. Large number of DOM elements could be due to the fact that I have over 500 pages at the website.
Regarding the other issue, I cannot use the Autoptimize plugin, since other caching plugins cannot be used with Nitropack.
– However, this issue is there only for the “more complex” pages, and even there the loading time is under 4 seconds.
– Other pages have loading times <3 s.
So, I think I will just leave things as they are.
Thanks for your input and suggestions!July 26, 2019 at 10:07 am #968028
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.