[Resolved] Reducing content area width

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Reducing content area width

Home Forums Support Reducing content area width

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Ranjeeta

I want to reduce the content area width on a single post that has no sidebar. Pages with sidebar are looking fine. I just wanted to reduce and center the content area width for the page without sidebar.
    For the particular page, I have shared below contains an infographic. I want it to center and only 750px wide (plus any text)….white space to 1200px and entire desktop to 1366px

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

try this CSS:

.single-post.no-sidebar .site-main {
        max-width: 760px;
        margin-left: auto;
        margin-right: auto;
    }
    Ranjeeta

Hi David,
    Thanks for your quick reply.
    It’s working perfectly fine but I want to wrap the content only not background container leaving a white space around. Could you suggest me CSS for that?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I have edited the code above. Let me know.

Ranjeeta

I was not clear about my asking. Sorry about that. I have attached an image for your reference.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

The content width e.g 1200px is set in the Customizer > Layout > Container. The code above then limits the main content area. So should match the image.

Ranjeeta

Here is an image after making changes.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you provide a link to the site? You can edit your original topic and use the Site URL field for privacy.

Ranjeeta

I found my solution after searching here on the support forum that deals with container padding. I’m sorry that I was not clear enough while asking my question.

Used following code and it’s working perfectly fine. Only need CSS to wrap footer area to match above post.

.no-sidebar.single .inside-article > *,
    .no-sidebar.page .inside-article > * {
    max-width: 700px;
    margin-left: auto;
    margin-right: auto;
    }
    .no-sidebar.separate-containers .comments-area {
    padding: 22px 140px 40px 140px;
    }

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear you found the solution. In the footer area are you going to be adding widgets? Can’t see the current requirement. Let me know.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.