[Resolved] Reduce background space

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Reduce background space

Home Forums Support Reduce background space

• This topic has 7 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Tom.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Nick

I set my container width to 1500 and still feel like i have a ton of background space. Is there another way to reduce the amount of background space?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Absolutely – you can use custom CSS to set it to whatever you like (even 100%):

body.grid-container {
          max-width: 2000px;
    }
    Nick

Hmm i tried that and it doesn’t seem to do anything for me.

I have also added a header on one of my pages. However, when i add text in the page header it gets bigger and bigger how do i make the page header stay the same size even when i add text?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Can you link me to the site where the above code isn’t working?

Not sure what you mean by your second problem – when you add text to an area, that area will always get larger so it can fit the text?

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Nick

I have set a color background to the page header and when i add text in the content area the color background gets bigger is there no way to set that background to a fixed size?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You can set a height using CSS, but I’m not sure why you would want to. Doing so would cut off your text.

First, find the page ID in the <body> element (use Inspect Element in Chrome).

Then add this CSS:

.page-id-xx .generate-page-header {
          height: 200px;
    }

Adjust the height to whatever you want.

Doing so will cut off your text inside the page header if it’s not tall enough.

Nick

That code seems to create another header separate from the page header under pages/content.

I found this website in the forums that seems to have what i want for a page header.

www. m o m t r i c k s .com

I want the gray header with text. I can make the header and text but cannot find out how to align,bold,size of the text like that without making that gray header move down when i add text.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You could do something like this in the Content section of the page header:

<div class="grid-70 mobile-grid-100">
          <h3>Some text in here</h3>
          <h3 style="font-weight: bold;">With some bold text below it</h3>
    </div>
    <div class="grid-30 mobile-grid-100">
          <a class="button" href="http://google.com">This button links to Google</a>
    </div>

Hopefully that helps ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.