Recurring Post Feature?

Home Forums Support Recurring Post Feature?

Home Forums Support Recurring Post Feature?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Laura Brown

I would really like to turn a site into a holiday site. But, it would work so much better if there were a way to set a post as recurring. Could there be a check box which I could use to have the post re-post on a scheduled date every year?

I know there are scheduled posts plugins. But, they don’t automate the recurring every year plan which would work so well for a holiday site. (I’d also use it for my art site).

There may be a way to do it with the code, but I’d rather not go with that option. Lately WordPress seems to be getting over complicated. A lot of features for developers and designers, stuff I can’t even understand (or want to, if I’m being honest). I’m trying to keep things simple and stick with creating content and all the other usual maintenance, social media things. I’ve pretty much left SEO abandoned at the curb too. I don’t want to burn out again and it’s so easy to do when I expect too much from myself or compare my site to every other site out there.

Having typed all that… of course, I have decided to revamp my template/ theme again for the New Year. ๐Ÿ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That’s a very interesting idea, but definitely better suited for a plugin. I’m surprised it doesn’t exist – have you looked around?

Laura Brown

Yes. I’ve looked at the plugin database. I didn’t try the sites like CodeCanyon. I don’t mind paying but for some reason I don’t trust anything from those mass shopping sites.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

They can definitely be hit or miss. I’ll keep an eye out ๐Ÿ™‚

Roberto Enrique

How do you plan to use that functionality exactly?
    You want to make, let’s say, A post for each holiday in the calendar and then every time that holiday hits the calendar it gets “re-posted” ?
    I was wondering what happens when the post is not on its “date”, do you need it to be auto “unpubblished” too?

There’s this plugin that seems to satisfy some of your needs:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-repost/

Laura Brown

Pretty much, Roberto. I know some dates are every first Friday, etc. But as long as they came up in my list I should be able to adjust the dates before it actually posts. Or, as long as it posted the right week, I’d be ok.

I found another site doing pretty much what I wanted to do but they seem to have abandoned the site. http://www.nationalwhateverday.com I could do the drop down months in the menu, that would give it some structure for me. But, I was hoping to put most of my time into creating new content for unique holidays and letting the existing content cycle through without more than touching it up here and there.

Thanks for the plugin link. I will have a look.

Laura Brown

Re-post looks like abandonware. Last comment says it loads but did not work. Will still try it and see.

Jamal

Might a plugin like this work for you?
    https://sv.wordpress.org/plugins/events-manager/

I find it extremely useful in managing events and its very flexible although i found it has a bit of a learning curve.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.