[Resolved] Recommended translation plugin

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Recommended translation plugin

Home Forums Support Recommended translation plugin

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    themedleb

Hello, what is your recommended translation plugin for your theme (and other plugins)?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
    themedleb

Thank you, I will give them a try.

themedleb

After installing PolyLang It just gave me around 30 strings, and for ex. “Post Comment” button isn’t one of the strings. And it ruined the website: the homepage shows “nothing found” message, and single posts shows less widgets …

I just need to translate the website from its actual language to my language, I don’t need multilingual website for the moment, just one language which is my language.

themedleb

I tried Loco Translate plugin, it found all the strings (around 180 strings) that can be translated but after I translated the button for testing, it has no effect on the website.

themedleb

After visiting my language’s page of the GeneratePress theme on WordPress.org, I have found most of strings got translated already but not approved yet, I tried to export the .mo file into my computer but found most the file not translated. How can I approve/contribute to the translation on translate.wordpress.org? and after I get the .mo file, where should I put it? Taking in account it should be in the child theme.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You need to contribute a couple translation suggestions, then let me know your username and I can request that you become an editor.

Thanks!

themedleb

My username in WordPress.org is themedleb.

Thank you.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It doesn’t look like you’ve contributed any translations: https://translate.wordpress.org/locale/ar/default/wp-themes/generatepress

They won’t accept editors without seeing they speak the language fluently.

themedleb

Oh, didn’t know that’s required, I am fluent of course, it’s my native language, but never contributed there, already contributed into an android application in xda-developers. Anyway, I’m in a hurry, can you please give me an easy method to translate my website manually? taking in account putting the translation into the child theme so I won’t lose the translation after every update.

Thanks in advance.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You would likely need to do something like this: https://github.com/2ndkauboy/textdomain-overwrite

themedleb

[UPDATE] I figured out that Loco Translate plugin is working but since I was testing it to translate the “Post Comment” button, It didn’t end up translated, that’s why I thought Loco Translate doesn’t work, but now with this plugin I actually translated many strings (back to top button, search bar widget, …), but the “Post Comment” button can’t be translated, I don’t know why. I tried the plugin textdomain-overwrite and did exactly what’s on the README.md file, but didn’t work or maybe I didn’t know how to use it, is there any other way to translate the “Post Comment” button? I think that’s all what left for me in the front-end.

Thank you Tom for your kind support.

themedleb

I even tried to replace the “Post Comment” string in the wp-content\themes\generatepress\comments.php but no effect.

themedleb

Problem solved, the string “Post Comment” isn’t from the theme (Even it looks exactly the same as the theme’s), the button is from the plugin wpdiscuz, finally I translated it successfully, thank you for your great support, and I’m really sorry of what we went through.

Thank you.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad you got it working! 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.