[Resolved] Read More dashicon [\f310] only showing when logged into WordPress

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Read More dashicon [\f310] only showing when logged into WordPress

Home Forums Support Read More dashicon [\f310] only showing when logged into WordPress

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Paul

Morning GP team.

I have the strangest thing going on with the read more dashicon [\f310]. I thought I was going crazy, but it seems it is not loading unless I am logged into wordpress!

https://www.uncommonsensephysique.com/ – hopefully you’ll see the missing icon symbol for the read more buttons on my blog. I see this behavior when logged into an incognito tab in Chrome.

But when I am logged in to my wordpress site, the icons are showing-up fine!

I can’t imagine what’s going on…

Any help much appreciated!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

which cache/optimization plugin are you using? Check within its settings as some have an option to disable dashicons on the front-end.

Paul

Hmm.

I’m a SiteGround hostee, and I am running their SG Optimizer plugin, but I’ve also not actively changed/enabled any of the more advanced settings. i.e. no minification or combining in the front-end options etc.

A bit of Googling doesn’t turn-up anything for SG Optimizer and dashicons as a problem.

The more I think about this, the more I wonder if it’s ever worked in the front-end?

Some more Googling shows that many WP installations are forcing dashicons in the front-end with snippets like this:

/********************************************************/
    // Adding Dashicons in WordPress Front-end
    /********************************************************/
    add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'load_dashicons_front_end' );
    function load_dashicons_front_end() {
      wp_enqueue_style( 'dashicons' );
    }

Thoughts?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You know what i never used dashicons on the front end lol. And yes that seems to be the case. Adding that snippet will do the trick ( it did for me ) 🙂

Paul

Heh. I’ll give that snippet a try later tonight once I’m home from work. Thanks for the help. I’ll let you know how I get on.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Keep us posted 🙂

Paul

Yup. Problem solved!

Thanks for the chat and letting me run ideas by you guys. I love the GP Theme, but I love the GP team and support even more!

p.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Awesome – glad to hear the great feedback, much appreciated

Andre

Worked for me too! 🙂
    Thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear that

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.