[Resolved] random blank page load on home page

Home Forums Support [Resolved] random blank page load on home page

Home Forums Support random blank page load on home page

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    laura

Hello,

I recently downloaded GeneratePress. Sometimes when I log in from any device my static front page (recent posts) comes up with a blank page. The header and sidebar are visible but the homepage content is blank. I can click anywhere within the blank section and it will open a post. I was going to get a screenshot but when I logged in again it was no longer blank. It is random throughout the day.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.
    Laura

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

You seem to have a javascript error on the page: https://www.screencast.com/t/KI3SEbdObk

Does dojoRequire ring any bells? A plugin you’re using maybe?

laura

Hi Tom, Thanks for your response.

This all sounds foreign to me. I don’t know much or anything about Javascript. Can you please help me by telling me where to start looking for this issue and how to repair it.

I am sorry to be so ignorant on this subject.

Laura

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

First thing I would do is deactivate your caching plugin. Does the issue still happen?

If so, try deactivating your plugins (except for GP Premium). Still happening?

If not, activate your plugins one by one until the issue starts happening again – that will pinpoint the problem plugin.

laura

After I messaged you back I thought of this. I will do this. the first thing I did do was to deactivate WP widget because it is powered by Ajax. I thought I read something that says Ajax is not compatible with GeneratePress.

laura

Tom,
    It appears to have been the caching plugin. I believe the issue is resolved. Thank you for taking the time to help me. I do love your theme.
    Laura

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Might be worth trying a couple different caching plugins out to see if one works better with your setup.

Glad I could help 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.