[Support request] Questions regarding the Page Hero element

Home Forums Support [Support request] Questions regarding the Page Hero element

Home Forums Support Questions regarding the Page Hero element

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Mike

GeneratePress Version: 2.3.2

GP Premium Version 1.8.3

Hi,

I have some questions regarding the Page Hero element:

1) I have Horizontal alignment set to Center but my text remains left justified. How do I center it?

2) I have placed this element on the front page only – there is a gap between the bottom of the element and the top of the footer – I assume this is due to margins or padding 1) of the element but I dont see a way to reduce this 2) of the page content but if I adjust this in Customize it will adjust it for all pages which I dont want 3) I assume the same applies for the footer. How do I eliminate this gap?

3) This is more of a possible bug – When I deleted an Element I was redirected to the front page of the site, I did not remain in the Element list.

Thanks ahead of time πŸ™‚

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

can you share a link to your site so i can see what the issue is?
    You can edit your original topic and use the Site URL field to share the link privately.

3. Odd – thats not normal behaviour – do you have any plugins or custom functions you can try disabling to see if there is a conflict.

Mike

I added the site URL to the original topic.

4)
    Another issue I am having is that when I click on GP related links in the admin section of WP, I get a pop-up asking me if I want to save a username and password, with the username being blank.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

1. You have this CSS in Simple CSS that is creating a 2 column grid in the Header Element:

.inside-page-hero {
        display: -ms-grid;
        display: grid;
        grid-template-areas: "left right";
        -ms-grid-columns: 50% 50%;
        grid-template-columns: 50% 50%;
    }

This is stopping it from centring the content. A side note on the grid: As the inside-page-hero itself uses a grid container the :before pseudo element for clearing the GP grid is filling the fist column….

2. That white space is the Content area of the page which is currently empty. So you just see the padding of the container…..

3 – 4. Both of this is not normal behaviour and not related to GP. Any plugins conflicting?

Mike

Hi David,

Re:
    1) Sorry, that is my fault, I just bought GP Premium and was learning Hero elements and forgot to remove this css that applied to a previous one

2) I did think it was the white space of the Content area of the page or the footer, etc. But how do I get rid of it? I cannot disable the Content for any page (it is not an option in GP), and I dont see a way to set margins and padding to zero only for the front page?

3 – 4. Both of this is not normal behaviour and not related to GP. Any plugins conflicting?
    I disabled all plugins except GP Premium and still having this behaviour.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

2. You can hide it using this CSS:

.home #page {
        display: none;
    }

We are looking at disabling content in a future update using the Layout Element.

3. Any custom functions in your child theme or GP Hooks? Also any Must Use plugins your host straps in? GP doesn’t do anything with the login functions for WP so there must be some other code at play.

Mike

2. That works, thank you.

3. Puzzling

4. Another issue I am having is that when I click on GP related links in the admin section of WP, I get a pop-up asking me if I want to save a username and password, with the username being blank.

Yep that’s a weird one, but I suspect it is GP related because:

It happens with all plugins disabled except GP Premium
    It is a fresh WP install done yesterday from wp.org
    It only happens on the Elements link under Appearance, and when I click Activate/Deactivate in GeneratePress > Modules, ie only GP links
    I dont have any child themes
    I dont have any GP hooks, dont even know how to do that yet πŸ™‚
    Been working with WP for ten years and never seen this before until I installed GP Premium

I will see if any Firefox addons may affect it…..

5) Also my whole site is becoming unresponsive now……..

Mike

I will try to continue to resolve this

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Did you resolve the password request issue? Was it a browser extension?
    Tested your site and not seeing any responsive issues. Let us know.

Mike

I should have separated these issues out, but just to review:

1) I have Horizontal alignment set to Center but my text remains left justified. How do I center it?
    Resolved:
    A: My fault, thank you for pointing out the solution.

2) I have placed this element on the front page only – there is a gap between the bottom of the element and the top of the footer – I assume this is due to margins or padding 1) of the element but I dont see a way to reduce this 2) of the page content but if I adjust this in Customize it will adjust it for all pages which I dont want 3) I assume the same applies for the footer. How do I eliminate this gap?
    Resolved:
    A: You supplied css to resolve this – thank you.

3) This is more of a possible bug – When I deleted an Element I was redirected to the front page of the site, I did not remain in the Element list.
    Resolved:
    A: I researched this and there is a similar issue at:
    https://wordpress.org/support/topic/wp-5-1-1-clicking-trash-on-the-posts-page-wrongly-redirects-to-domain-root/
    In my case the solution was to un-modify referrer settings I had changed away from defualt in Firefox about:config
    This one my fault as well, sorry

4. Another issue I am having is that when I click on GP related links in the admin section of WP, I get a pop-up asking me if I want to save a username and password, with the username being blank.
    Resolved:
    I figured this one out – when I am on the GeneratePress admin page, the Updates metabox displays (as dots) my GP Premium key.
    Firefox sees this as a password on so it prompts me if I want to save a (blank) username and this password.
    Solution is to tell Firefox to ignore username and password monitoring for the site.

So just FYI some browsers may interpret the key being displayed on this page as a password….

5) Also my whole site is becoming unresponsive now……
    Thank you for testing the response of the site David
    I actually mean the admin side only, front end is fine……
    Will need more time with this one……

So 4 out of 5 issues resolved:
    None of them due to issues with GeneratePress
    1 of them resolved with additional css
    1 due to Firefox behaviour
    2 of them my fault (embarrassed)

Thank you David for your very good support and patience πŸ™‚

Marking as Resolved, will open separate issue if I continue to have site response problem..

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

No need for apologies – really happy to help

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.