[Resolved] Questions regarding the Blog add-on's featured image sizing

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Questions regarding the Blog add-on's featured image sizing

Home Forums Support Questions regarding the Blog add-on's featured image sizing

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Joan

1) What is the default width and height of the Featured Image for a blog post? Is it set to one of the image sizes (Thumbnail, Medium, Large) specified in the Media Settings?

2) When you change the Width (or Height) of the Featured Images in the GP Blog add-on settings, is that setting the CSS width or max-width property?

3) When I check the box to “Make first post featured”, how can I make that post’s featured image smaller? Is there a setting or a way in CSS to set the max width/height for it?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Joan,

1. The featured image is responsive so will size accordingly to the container width to a maximum of the original full image size. On rescaling the srcset images (thumb, medium, large) created by WP will kick in where applicable.
    2. GP has a built in image resizer. Setting the sizes in Blog options will generate the image at that set size.
    3. You could try this CSS to resize the Featured Post image:

.generate-columns-container article:first-child .post-image img {
    	width: 50%;
    }
    Joan

Thanks for the explanation, that helped a lot. I tried using the CSS you provided but it didn’t seem to work for me. Regardless, I was able to do what I needed with the information you provided in #1 and #2.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thats good to hear you got it resolved. Ill double check my code in case someone else ‘requires it’

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.