[Resolved] Questions About Changelogs and Recent Updates

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Questions About Changelogs and Recent Updates

Home Forums Support Questions About Changelogs and Recent Updates

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Jim

1. Where are the update changelogs found on the GeneratePress site. I found no links in my Account, and without any obvious blog announcement – or downloading the files – I had to do a manual search for the current GeneratePress 2.3 changelog.

2. Is there a changelog for the new GP Premium plugin v.1.8.3?

3. SVG icons = cool! But specifically, which font files can now be removed/replaced when activating the SVG icons? We have replicated @font-face styles in our child theme to properly address the missing font-display descriptor to address type rendering issues for PageSpeed. Since the GP theme and plugin load various fonts, I need to know exactly which specific font faces I can now safely remove if I switch to the SVG icons.

4. Finally, when will the font-display descriptor be implemented in the GeneratePress theme and/or plugin stylesheets so we can stop wrestling to make PageSpeed happy about rendering fonts?

Sorry for so many questions at once, but they are all related and should have quick answers. Thanks for all the hard work and fantastic support!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

1 & 2: You can find them all here: https://generatepress.com/category/development/

There is always the readme.txt in the theme folder and changelog.txt in the premium plugin folder.

I’ve forwarded 3 & 4 to Tom πŸ™‚

Jim

You can find them all here…

Fantastic! We’ll try to remember that. It would be great if there was a changelog link on the download page within our GP account – or if the version numbers linked to the current changelog.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

3. The entire generatepress.woff2 (woff, ttf, eot etc..) font file is not needed when the SVG option is needed. The Theme won’t request those font files if SVG is activated.

4. The only fonts GeneratePress has that require font-display are Google Fonts. We introduced this filter in 2.3 so you can add it:

add_filter( 'generate_google_font_display', function() {
        return 'swap';
    } );
    Jim

Tom said:

The entire generatepress.woff2 (woff, ttf, eot etc..) font file is not needed when the SVG option is needed.

Fastastic. I’m sure you mean, when the SVG option is selected.

We introduced this filter in 2.3…

Even better. This should help me clean up our Child CSS. I’ll send up a flare if I encounter any issues…assuming I can just add that function to our Child functions.php and remove the CSS I’ve added to include font-display: swap.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ah yea – sorry!

Glad I could help πŸ™‚

Francesco

3. The entire generatepress.woff2 (woff, ttf, eot etc..) font file is not needed when the SVG option is needed.

Can you explain this?

Where I can enable the SVG option?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You can enable it in “Customize > General”.

It will replace the theme icon font with inline SVG icons.

Francesco

Thanks, I found it. Great support. Love it!!!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.