[Support request] Question about using H1 Tags or not?

Home Forums Support [Support request] Question about using H1 Tags or not?

Home Forums Support Question about using H1 Tags or not?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Norman

Hello,

On my website, before I switched to GP, I had a number of H1 tags (which I understand are good for SEO).

The headline did not make it look like there were two titles to my article as the main title was colored in such a way that it seemed very separate – https://www.screencast.com/t/9qUDQrn8vuw

New theme screenshot: https://www.screencast.com/t/6Z33Aa7Q4 (Looks like double titles)

After installing, GP, I’ve gone through and edited many of the articles to remove the H1 title so it would not be confusing to someone who thinks there are two headlines. Hopefully that makes sense.

Anyway, I’m wondering about the wisdom of doing this and if it will negatively affect SEO.

I’m wondering if I should continue this practice? It seems that having what looks like “double titles” formatted in much the same way would be confusing to the user?

Thanks for any thoughts you may have on this.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

there should only ever be one H1 on any post or page. So removing the one you have in your content is the best thing to do.

Norman

Hi David,

So I’m assuming the post title that goes on the page is an H1 already, and if I put something there, then it would be duplicate? Stay on course to remove mine then sounds like your suggestion.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yup the page title is <h1>.

If you need to add another heading, it should be <h2> and so on unless you are hiding the page title 🙂

Norman

Ok great. Thanks for the help again.

Norman

I guess it’s puzzling why Yoast always prompts me to add an H1 if the page title already is H1…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.