[Resolved] Question about Headers and Top Bar

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Question about Headers and Top Bar

Home Forums Support Question about Headers and Top Bar

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Andres

I have a quick question regarding the header and top bar elements, and am not sure it merits opening another ticket.

Regarding headers, there will be only 2 pages on our site – the homepage and one category page – that will have have a full-width header, one with a slider and the other with one image. None of the other pages and posts will use this. If the header element is used in only these 2 instances, would it be fine to create an Element that disables headers on all pages and then use a Header Element for the 2 pages where we will use a header? Should I also create an exception in the Element that disables headers site wide to exclude the homepage and the one category page?

Regarding the top bar, I don’t think we will use it. After reading the documentation I found on GP on the top bar, it’s not really clear what it’s for (that’s just me). On our site, we’re just going to have a basic transparent navigation bar with maybe some social media icons. As such, would it be alright to disable it site wide if not used?

Thank you.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

The Top Bar is just a widget area above the header – it is only displayed on the site if it contains a widget.

You can use Header Elements any how you need.
    You could create a Header Element just for your Front Page and a separate Header for your Blog page. They will only display where you want them.

Andres

Hi David,

Thanks for the info.

I’m a bit confused. What is the difference between the header that is active by default on all pages and posts (Post/Page > Document > Disable Elements > Header) and a header element created in Appearance > Elements > Add New > Header?

Thanks!

Andrés

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Header refers to the Site Header – which by default is where your logo, site title, tagline and maybe a floated navigation would be displayed.

Header Elements are the sections that can be displayed under ( or merged ) with the site Header. Used mainly for displaying a Hero section or call to action.

Andres

Hi David,

Thanks for the clarification.

Have a good day.

Regards,

Andrés

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.