[Resolved] quadmenu integration

Home Forums Support quadmenu integration

• This topic has 11 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by David.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    johnaps

Hello guys!

I had a problem with quadmenu auto-integration in secondary menu, so i tried manually integrating it, creating a hook on elements with the following code

<?php quadmenu(array(“theme_location” => “secondary”, “theme” => “custom_theme_1”)); ?>

The problem is that now both menus, manually integrated and auto integrated appear… and if i disable auto-integration in secondary menu on quadmenu the menu that i created though wordpress still appears but without the quadmenu “effects”…
    and if i also disable that menu through “menus” both menus disappear…

I know that maybe i would be better to ask in quadmenu support, and i will, but as i have seen you have some experience with that plugin and i hope for a fix if it is something that’s easy/obvious for you guys!

Thank you for your time as always!!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

so what happens if you remove the manual integrated menu ?
    Can you remove it so i can take a look?

johnaps

if i remove the manual integrated menu , i get a bug on the text in quadmenu text widget, which doesnt show anything… *(which is also present now with both manual and auto menu, in secondary menu location, on the 3rd item named=”Επικοινωνία”)
    **i noticed that if i place manual menu before header, the quadmenu text widget works…

Also i want to see how to integrate manually cause i think there are some bugs in main menu also, like when i click on mainmenu sometimes the dropdown box is blank and bugged… and that cant happen when it is live…

I think is havent done manual intergration correctly somehow, i am not sure if anything else is the problem!
    Looking forward to your thoughts. Now that you have a fuller picture tell me if there is anything you want me to do!

Thank you.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

If you can remove the Manual integration i can take a look at what the bug is.
    But this is something you may want to take up with the plugin author.

johnaps

I have tried them, and waiting for an answer, but truly i dont think they ‘ll solve my problem… I am a little on the downside about their support!

I disabled manual menu!
    (One sidenote): the login widget is also bugging (you dont get text when you login/register), and on the primary menu sometimes when i click on some category the dropped down box doesn’t have a background and i need to reload the page to set it straight…

If you can check now, and share your wisdom that would be great!

Thank you very much.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

The only issue i can see is the missing text which is because of the secondary navigation font size being 0.

Add this CSS to see the change:

.secondary-nav-aligned-right .secondary-navigation ul, 
    .secondary-nav-aligned-center .secondary-navigation ul {
        font-size: inherit;
    }
    johnaps

That’s great, it fixed text in cart widget also!

Great support, thank you guys so much!! 🙂

David
    Staff
    Customer Support
    johnaps

Can i ask one more css related question?

In the footer of my site i got 4 custom html widgets, but they are all lined up one bellow another.
    I am trying with some css to get them to appear one next to each other, is there a way through generatepress to change the way widgets are positioned on the footer or do i need css to do this?

P.S. is there any css book focused on wordpress, so i can start fishing my own share?

Thank you for your time, much appreciated..!!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

In Customizer > Layout > Footer – set the Footer Widgets to 4.
    Then Customizer > Widgets you will see numbered Footer Widget areas for you to add each widget to.

CSS in WordPress is identical to any other CSS. The only difference being to a static HTML site is that the Theme creates the separate containers and element classes. The Browser Inspector is the best way to learn the theme element classes.

Navigation Menus and particularly mega menus are really quite complicated, as they have a lot of nested elements.

johnaps

Thank you very much David!
    Have a nice day! 🙂

David
    Staff
    Customer Support
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.