[Support request] PUBLISHED DATE DOESN’T APPEAR ON POST

Home Forums Support [Support request] PUBLISHED DATE DOESN’T APPEAR ON POST

Home Forums Support PUBLISHED DATE DOESN’T APPEAR ON POST

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anton

Hi

Sorry to trouble you with this silly question. I have been using Generatepress with Gp Premium for almost three year and have used for all my blogs. Everything looks good and I really enjoy your theme.

However, recently one of my readers told me to put the published date on the posts on my http://www.lovelybogor.com. This made me surprised because I checked the “display post date” box. When I checked I found out he was correct, there was no published date showing on all posts even though The “display post date” is checked.

I tried all the way including disabling all plugin, clearing cache plugin, removing add css, etc but still, the date doesn’t appear on my posts. I checked my other blogs, and luckily they don’t have the problem. Only on the website I mentioned above, the date problem occurred.

This link is the example of the problem.

Can you please do me a favor if there is anyway to solve the problem. I just want the published date shows. Nothing else.

Thank you

anton

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

The link you’ve provided is built with Elementor so GP’s customizer options won’t work.

I would recommend checking with Elementor’s support team.

Anton

Hi Leo..

Thanks for your response.

I only used elementor for homepage only but not for post. I can change the color and even put the name of author using GP feature. I believe elementor doesn’t have any effect on this, am I correct?

Perhaps, you can try this link https://lovelybogor.com/alun-alun-kota-bogor-dari-masa-ke-masa-masih-kurang-satu-masa-nih/

This is not made using elementor and just using Generatepress and I can make the author appears but the date doesn;t show although I checked the “display post date”

Thanks for your help in advance

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Ahh you are referring to the single posts.

Are you sure it’s checked to display under Single?
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/blog-content-layout/#single

Anton

Unfortunately I did.. please see this screenshoot Published date doesn't appear

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Strange. It’s showing in the HTML but not on the front end.

Can you disable all plugins for us to take a closer look?

It might be a good idea to start a staging site as further debugging is likely needed – we haven’t received any other reports on this so I’m assuming it’s something specific to your install.

Let me know 🙂

Anton

Hi Leo..

Actually only on this website the problem occurs. I have several others using the same theme and everything works well. Hahahaha… The date appears without problem, some of the websites use the same plugins, such as elementor. They are fine. That’s why I am a bit confused why this website has this problem. So, you are correct the problem may be on this specific installation.

I will let you know tonight as I have to go to office today and the website has around 1000-1500 visit a day, so I can’t deactivate now without disturbing the visitors.

Is it Ok for you?

Fernando
    Customer Support

Hi Anton,

That should be okay but I would suggest starting a site so your live site isn’t affected while we do some tests.

Moreover, do you also have custom PHP snippets? Can you try disabling those too?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.