[Resolved] Publish Date Showing in Search Engines

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Publish Date Showing in Search Engines

Home Forums Support Publish Date Showing in Search Engines

• This topic has 9 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Tom.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Steve

Hi Tom,

I noticed that my posts published dates are now showing up in places like Google. I thought there was a setting in GP to hide these.

Maybe mine got disabled somehow. Where is this feature located again? I don’t want any date on the posts when they appear in search engines.

Thanks for the help!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

You can remove the date completely using our Blog add-on.

Go to “Customize > Blog > Blog Content” (make sure you’re viewing the blog in the Customizer) and you’ll see the option to disable it.

Steve

Tom,

Thanks for the reply.

I actually have the blog add on, but it is not appearing in my customize section.

I have it enabled, but nothing is appearing. I also just updated to the latest version of GP Premium.

Thanks again.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You need to be viewing the Blog in your Customizer in order to see the options.

Let me know πŸ™‚

Steve

Ah, yes, there it is.

As I thought, I did have the dates hidden. For whatever reason, some of the newer posts that I have are still showing dates in the search engines, but ones over a week or so don’t seem to be showing anything.

Maybe I will wait a week to see if that will hold true with these newer ones.

Thanks again, Tom! I really appreciate your prompt replies. :]

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ah, it may be Google knowing when they first indexed it and showing that date.

If it’s set to hide in the Customizer, there’s no date in the HTML at all πŸ™‚

Ruben

Hi Tom

I have an issue with this

I run several blogs with this theme.

Before I used to use “WP Old Post Date Remover” to get the dates removed.

Later, I hid the date using the blog add on when I started using the theme GeneratePress.

So, in one blog(http://www.mejorbrokerdebolsa.com/) I have the plugin “WP Old post (keep the date 1 day)” and also the blog add on date hidden. It does not show the dates on google search.

In other blog(http://www.cfdandforextrading.com/) I deactivated the plugin WP Old and kept the blog add on date hidden. It does not show the dates on google search.

In a third blog(http://www.brokerparacompraracciones.com/) I had the plugin WP Old post and also the blog add on date hidden. It kept showing the dates on Google search. Later I deactivated the Wp Old plugin and kept the hidden date with the blog add on but it keeps showing the date in the serps.

I guess that with the blog add on function we do not need the plulgin Wp Old post, although if I leave it active in some web it does seem not to collide with the blog add on. Is it fine if I deactivate that plugin from all my websites?

What do you think the issue is for the third blog? It seems the dates keep appearing no matter what. I even tried to search in the editor for the code but did not find anything.

Thanks

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

If you view the HTML of the site, there’s no date, so the Blog add-on is working (removing the date).

It’s possible that Google just hasn’t crawled the site again since the dates have been removed, or they’re using the last known date.

Ruben

Ok

I checked the last cache: of several of my pages and posts and it is likely that google is still showing the cached version of several weeks ago when the date was shown in my posts. Do not remember exactly when I changed to dates hidden but was a few days ago. So still showing dates in the searchs….

will give it some more time and check again.

Thanks

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem πŸ™‚

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.