[Support request] Properly size images

Home Forums Support [Support request] Properly size images

Home Forums Support Properly size images

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    shoukugp

Hi

I have just switched my website from the old theme to a new generate press theme, after that I m optimizing my website and have noticed some serious waring like Properly size images on the mobile version of the website, it was not earlier, it’s just happened after migrating to this theme. I am using WP-rocket for caching plugins

How to fix this issue?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

go to Customizer > Loyout > Blog –> Featured Images >> Archives and change the Media Attachment Size to a smaller size. For your archives the medium_large option is 768px which should be adequate.

shoukugp

Okay,

I have changed my archive page image size to medium_large option. Now the issue is gone for mobile, but still in the desktop version same error.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Personally i wouldn’t be overly concerned with that opportunity in Desktop as the savings proposed are not that great.
    To fix it would require either:

1. better compression of your original images – which would require re-uploading new images.
    2. Use a plugin/3rd party image compression app – which comes at a cost.
    3. Register a new Image Size for the WP Media Attachments thats is a better fit for your needs eg. a 720px wide image, then regenerate all thumbnails and select your new image size in the customizer. This of course will add more files to your database.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.